Thread: How the CPU’s fan speed can be increased for DELL Studio XPS 435MT?

How the CPU’s fan speed can be increased for DELL Studio XPS 435MT?

Can anyone help me with how to increase the speed of the CPU fan for my Dell studio XPS 435MT? Actually I cannot find any option in Bios about increasing the fan speed. Has anyone experienced anything about this? The thing is that my desktop is getting heated very fast even if I play some small games like worms or similar games and even if while watching the movies. Though it is not turning off or getting hanged. But then too I don’t want anything like that to happen with my desktop. I am using it on a table with proper space for the ventilation. Please help me to solve this problem.

re: How the CPU’s fan speed can be increased for DELL Studio XPS 435MT?

I don't think that you can change the speed of the fan on this system. All the fans have a heat sensor according to which it controls its speed. Though you can test the fan if it is working by rebooting the computer and pressing F12 before Windows begins to load. Go to the Utilities option and run the fan test if it completes successfully then the fan is working fine and you don’t need to worry about it, but if it fails then you have to probably change the fan which you can easily get from the eBay. Usually the fans don’t get malfunctioned but if you really think so then you can add extra fans in your cabinet for cooling.

You don’t really need to increase the speed of the fan for the cooling purpose, what you can do is try applying some coolant on the CPU and also put a small cut of the cooling pad these things you will easily get from any computer spare shop this will really help to keep the CPU more cool. Also you can try is liquid submersion cooling, personal computers that are cooled in this way do not usually require any fans or pumps, and may be cooled completely by the heat exchange between the computer's parts, the cooling liquid and the ambient air. The only disadvantage of this technique is that the evaporation of the liquid can raise a problem, and the liquid may be required either to be regularly refilled or sealed inside the tower of the computer.

The technique which really helps to keep the CPU cool is liquid nitrogen technique. The liquid nitrogen boils at -196 °C, which is too below the freezing point of water; it is used as a valuable coolant for short over clocking sessions. The apparatus which is used in this is a copper or aluminum pipe which is fixed on top of the processor or graphics card. When it is heavily insulated against condensation, then the liquid nitrogen is poured into the pipe, which results in temperatures below -100 °C. Evaporation devices that ranges from cut out heat sinks with pipes attached to custom milled copper boxes are used to keep the nitrogen and also to stop large temperature changes. However, whenever the nitrogen evaporates, then it has to be refilled. In the area of personal computers, this method of cooling is rarely used in contexts other than over clocking and record-setting attempts; the CPU will usually expire within a very short time because of the temperature stress caused by changes in internal temperature of the CPU. Although liquid nitrogen is non-flammable, it can compress oxygen directly from air. Mixture of liquid nitrogen and flammable things can be really explosive.

You can use this software Speed Fan which is a program that monitors voltages, speed of the fan and temperatures in computers by making use of the hardware monitor chips. Speed Fan can also access S.M.A.R.T. info and display hard disk temperatures. Speed Fan is also compatible SCSI disks. Speed Fan can also change the FSB on most of the hardware (but this should be seen as a bonus feature). Speed Fan can access digital temperature sensors and change the fan speeds accordingly, by reducing the noise. Speed Fan can get almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire Sm Bus a subset of the I2C protocol) and it works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista and Windows 7. It also works with Windows 64 bit.