Thread: Studio XPS 8100 not working

Studio XPS 8100 not working

Hey guys , I have been facing a problem with Dell XPS 8100 Studio which is a desktop version brought by dell computer. The reason I am nervous and scared as my Dell XPs 8100 Studio just went out of warranty this morning and know I have no support from dell co corporation as I don ‘t have the warranty card. When I boot/start my pc it does not boot ‘s properly , It get s a Dell logo and the progress bar that keeps on moving but after few minutes it stops moving and sticks to one place. And then the scrren moves on to black with a blinking cursor .

Re: Studio XPS 8100 not working

I don ‘t think the problem is with the any of the hardware components of your Dell XPS 8100 as you are able to restart your pc . Its just that your are not been able to any further that the booting screen. IT is possible that you removed some viruses from your system the last night and then you just turned off your pc without noticing or checking the amount of damage the virus has done to your pc , Many times it not possible to fix the damage. So I suggest you to go in the boot drive and repair it .

Hey dude , Many a time repairing also does not work as the damage that is done by the virus is irreversible and even if you fix it by repairing your drive , it is then quite possible that it may appear to start harnessing you again by a different means. I also know that as you cannot start your PC it is not possible for you to take a back up. So I suggest you to boot via any Linux cd and then click on Use live CD to start the system. You then can view your drive attached and take a back – up appropriately

You should consider calling dell support center and avail the extended warranty feature that is available for nominal charges. You can also call dell support center and see if any technician is ready to fix the problem for free .Many a times they charge you for the work they do , but sometime , If the problem is not that difficult then they might do that for free. Hope this helps you as I had the same problem with dell Studio and fixed that from the Dell support center at no extra cost .

After looking and searching for your problem over the internet I figured out that your problem does not seems like a software issue .It more on looks like a hardware issue. I think you should Google your problem over internet to see if your find something useful. I would also like you remove the front bezel and check it if it is loosens up. Also check the connection to the front panel and the motherboard to which hit is attach to . I am telling you to do this because occasionally, something can get loose or moderately loose.

I have figured out your problem and I am just hoping your problem towards the raid system of your hard-drive. In simple terms your hard-drive has got corrupted or it may have got a bad sector. And to remove this you need to delete your partition and then start over again. Try if can get to the raid controller of your drive however even if you could not get closer to setting your raid drivers then Press Ctrl + L on the boot up as it will directly get you to the Bios screen with the RAID option on it .

The comment that the above user made is almost accurate, but not accurate to core .As even if you delete your RAID system you would never be able to find which hard-disk actually had the bad sector from the two drives that you have. In order to find that you need to boot from windows xp cd as Windows 7 won‘t show you the drive that contains the bios. Or it might show you only one drive. So betting on Windows XP is better. I hope this solves your problem.