Thread: Does LED Screens suffer from burn in?

Does LED Screens suffer from burn in?

I have just brought a new laptop named dell 15.6 inch (1080p) I searched for it high and low over the internet to find its review and finally decided to buy it as it did not has any bad reviews over the internet. I checked for it reviews over various site and forums website and then concluded for buying it. But did not anything about LED display it had. Now I am worried about it as I don‘t know if the LED back – Light display would burn out. In simpler terms I just want to know if the LED ‘s Burn out occurs or no ?

Re: Does LED Screens suffer from burn in?

Hey brother, I had the same query when I ended up buying a Samsung Led T.V at the time of buying , I had no idea that there are possibilities of Led ‘s getting burn –out. I can to know about this when, I when I opened the first page of my warranty card and read the Clause that makes my warranty void. It said that I should not keep a still image on the screen for more than 2 hours or more as it will lead to partial or full Burn in. So the answer is yes, it does

Led is often used everywhere now a days , due to its size ,shelf life ,and consumption it has become the preferred choice for many electrical gadgets including camera ‘s , T.V, Monitors etc , And the latest’s one even the phone are now having Led light . Led is a abbreviation for Light –emitting diode It’s a semiconductor Light source. The possibility of an Led to Burn out is quite less as they are made to withstand the stress. SO the answer is NO, IT won’t . but there is a possibility that it’s light may fade out after some time due to the excess use .

If you ask me everything in electronic world is subject to burn So You don‘t need to worry about your Led screen getting burned out. I also suggest you that, there is no point in crying over spilled milk. The proverb supports the question you have asked .As you have purchased Laptop. And the company Won ‘take it back as the never take their items back. So what is the point in worrying about the thing that you have already done. So, I guess you got my answer

I did not get you properly did you meant Image retention by burn in . I guess that to yes , because that is the only think that the consumers worry after buying the device . Well everything is subject to image retention but Led‘s are less subjected to image retention when compared it with LCD or Plasma screen. But to be on a safer side always keep your brightness ad low as possible and never keep a still image on screen for more than 2 hours.

It’s a hard fact that everything is subjected to burn in so. You just need to take a preventive measure so that such a thing does not come early in the life of your electronic gadget. IT prevent it from happening you just need to avoid keeping the static picture or static element like black bars, borders, logos,etc).And also avoid playing video games that you high screen resolution for a better view of it .Following the above steps you can surely avoid getting your screen burn.