Thread: Is it necessary to use an Ethernet cable to go online?

Is it necessary to use an Ethernet cable to go online?

Hello friend I have some problem occurring in my mind that is, is it necessary to use an Ethernet cable to go online in this case I want to know that if you need an Ethernet cable connected to your computer to go online. Please let me know. I thought that I will take the help of the experienced people. So please help me.

Re: Is it necessary to use an Ethernet cable to go online?

I would like to suggest you that some modems like Digital Subscriber line (DSL)/Cable have Universal serial bus connections, Ethernet and/or Wi-Fi. In this case I think that if your modem/router contain Wi-Fi enabled and your router has a wireless card/adapter you can go online without an Ethernet cable. I hope that this suggestion helps you in solving the problem.

From the discussion going on this topic I would like to suggest you that no it is not necessary to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet. Back in the 90's I was on with a phone line. I’ve also seen computers connected through coax cable or through air and it's conceivable to run through (USB) Universal Serial Bus (though your computer will fight you on that one) and back in the day they used to use the serial port. I hope that it will help you on solving this problem.

I would like to define you that yes, unless and until you have both a Wi-Fi chip and card on your computer, and a nearby access point. Okay, I think so that there's also dial up modems, but I don't think you'd be asking this question if you had one. For long spans, get a cheap cable at monoprice.com. I use those and they're fine. On another note, Cat 6 is worth the extra few cents over Cat5E, though in truth, both will probably serve you fine. I hope this helps you.

I just want to say that do you mean "why you need Ethernet?” You need either an Ethernet Cable between your Personal Computer and your modem or you need a Wi-Fi wireless card and a router. Unless you're still on dial up. Then you only need a phone line and you have my sympathies. I think that you like my suggestion.

while I was surfing on the internet I saw the question and the suggestion provided to you the suggestion are quite systematic and I think that you are able to understand it while I think that your problem has been solved for this but if the problem is not solved I would recommend you that. Yes. It is a little different than a Digital Subscriber Line cable, which uses a router. It sounds like you are going to use your cable provider for your internet service? Ethernet is faster than a router. You will love it. I hope that this suggestion will solve your problem.