Thread: Dell Inspiron 580 i5 just shuts down

Dell Inspiron 580 i5 just shuts down

I have just got the delivery of my laptop. Which I applied 5 days before via E-bay. After searching high and low on the internet and checking the reviews about the laptop on the internet, I decided to buy that one. But all my excitement came to disappointment when the delivery that e-bay made to me was fault. When ever I try to start my Laptop it shuts down and starts again to safe mode or normal mode. I am very worried about this thing. Some body please help.

Re: Dell Inspiron 580 i5 just shuts down

Hey , bro as you have just brought a new dell Inspiron , I strongly suggest you to contact the Dell customers care , they can assist you with your problem , never try to fix the problem by yourself as it may even worsen the problem. A visit to a nearest customer care would be even more advisable as they can then help you to fix the error‘s. You can find the nearest service center in your area by searching through Official dell site.

You should not try anything by yourself as you have just brought it fresh and Dell takes the whole responsibility for any software problem the occurs when you have purchased it . But you can always physically check if the laptop is fully charged. You can also clean the battery by disconnecting it from the power supply and the open the side cover and remove all cables, cord s and cards ,along with ram , just to make sure nothing came loose during shipping .Now reassemble it again and the push the power button . See if that works

I just don ‘t understand why you people buy thing from e-bay , and that too costly things like a 50 k laptop from e-bay. You could n ‘t you just buy it from the nearest dell centre. That will in turn give a better service as there is no third party involved in the transactions. I doubt’t if the dell service pay attention to your request because as you have buyed it a third party. But, you don‘t need to worry a lot because there are many user who are facing the same problem. So stay cool.

Hey mate , I had the same problem with my dell Inspiron . so I contacted them through phone since I did not had a Dell service center near my place. They then told me to follow some step and then told me that they would fix it remotely. They then changed bios of my laptop and they also reloaded the software which was previously loaded in. they also did some more thing s that I don‘t remember. At last everything failed and then they offered me a replacement of the laptop.

I am having the same problem with my three week old dell 5800 series. So I called dell customer care service for a solution on my problem they told me that many users are currently having the same issue with it. They also told me that that there is a back –end team already working on it. They also told me that they have zeroed on error on motherboard and ram. Try removing anyone one Ram from slots 2 and 4. And your laptop would be working fine for now.