Thread: Getting Display Driver Not Responding on XPS 7100

Getting Display Driver Not Responding on XPS 7100

I am using a Dell XPS 7100 desktop system. When I bought this system then I got the graphic card along with it and it is ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphic card. Recently I am getting the not responding problem on my system and I am usually getting this when I use windows mail service. I have also observed that I get this problem when I am using internet explorer browser. I am even not able to enter text or click on some link in some website. I don’t know how to resolve the problem so please someone help to solve this one soon.

Re: Getting Display Driver Not Responding on XPS 7100

Even I am also going through the same situation and like you I am also looking for the solution of this query. Regarding this site I have visited most of the forum site but till now I not able to get the perfect solution so if anyone has solution for this then please help us. Please help us as soon as it is possible for you guys. This problem occurs with me sometimes in Crysis. And also it occurs at the irregular intervals so even I need the solution for it.

In my case too I was facing a similar problem then I found a solution for this. So look in the device manager by right-click computer > manage > device manager. And if you included inappropriate drivers then you can notice a single with a tiny yellow triangle. So for this you have to stay away from websites those provide driver updates for PC and laptops and instead of that you can make use of the manufacturer’s sites to locate the drivers and acquire for your computer.

The problem that you mentioned in your post, might also be taking place for the any other application, basically for the graphics related program. If here is some such type of application installed in your system then remove that one and verify whether the problem is persists or not. If the problem is caused for the graphics application then by this process you will surely get help. I was too facing related matter formerly, and after that when I tried by remove few of the graphics programs, then the problem was resolved.

You should go to ATI's website and downloaded and installed most up-to-date drivers. I am not that familiar with ATI products, but you could find the updated drivers from the website. However, other causes might be a program you recently installed. You may perhaps try to see if uninstalling the program solves the problem. You may perhaps try a System Restore or you could make an effort of Windows Update for that as it would update whole computer and you will get automatic update of all the files.

You must aim to initiate your system in safe mode, and confirm whether the similar problem is occurring or not. If this also still occurring then remove the monitor cable and again reinsert the cable, if this one too does not help out you then select the display tab under control panel, under Settings >> advanced click on trouble shoot option, if there is any supplementary problem with the display device driver then by this it will discover. Try this process; it will somehow help you to figure out the problem.