Thread: Unable to boot Dell OptiPlex GX1 due to BIOS

Unable to boot Dell OptiPlex GX1 due to BIOS

Hi, I use Dell OptiPlex GX1 with 756MB RAM on Windows XP Pro operating system. I replaced my 3 x 256MB SDRAM modules with 2 x 512MB and suddenly it shows blank screen. Then I put back the previous SDRAM in that system. After that when I select the "Run the windows normally" options it shows only Dell opening screen. I am very sure that the problem is based on the BIOS. If anyone having knowledge about it then please share your own thoughts. Thanks & Regards.

Re: Unable to boot Dell OptiPlex GX1 due to BIOS

This kind of BIOS problem has to be needs some default setting. This will be helps to solve the trouble. Basically, if we change the setting of the BIOS then it could be possible that the collision happen in the system. Then you need to reset the setting of the BIOS. For doing this you need to reset the jumper of the motherboard to its default position. Then you need to just do this reset BIOS solutions and it helps you to solve the trouble.

Normally this kind of BIOS problem needs the special techniques. Then I suggest you to unplug the system power supply. You need to open the CPU panel and then remove the CMOS battery. Don’t put this battery within 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you need to put this battery on the appropriate positions. Then check the system booting process by turn on the system. This will be helps to solve this booting problem.

I also faced the same kind of trouble. Then I used this reinserting CMOS battery solution. I must tell you that these solutions are not work in my situations. Then I used the other technique. First I try to reinsert the RAM but it also not work. Then I checked the motherboard and I found something wrong onto that. After that I replace it and finally the problem is solved. I have read somewhere that the systems not boot because of mobo not work properly and now I realized its meaning.

I suggest you to change the ACIP options of the BIOS from "Off" to "On". This is the best way to solve the trouble. For doing this task you need to enter into the BIOS Setup by pressing F2 on the initial startup routine. Then it shows the Power menu options. Hit that tab. After that you need to select the ACPI Suspend State and then choose S1 State or S3 State. Finally save the setting by pressing the F10 button. This will be helps to solve the trouble.

Yep, I do the same kind of turn on the ACIP solutions in this Dell OptiPlex GX1 system but it not works to solve the trouble. I faced this trouble in the last week. Then finally I decided to upgrade the system BIOS. For doing this task I use the downloading options. This option I found on the official dell site. They provide the upgraded BIOS of the system. Then I download it and successfully install on the system. This solution will work and the problem is to be solved.

If still the problem is not removed from the system then I recommended you to open the system in the safe mode. This will helps to avoid such booting issues. In safe mode lot of errors has to be solved. Then use this solution and try to solve the trouble. So, start the system by pressing the turn on button and then immediately press the F8 button of the keyboard. It opens the system in the safe mode. Then the system will boot in safe mode. This might be help to solve the trouble.