Thread: Studio XPS 435MT turns solid amber power light ON but doesn't pass POST

Studio XPS 435MT turns solid amber power light ON but doesn't pass POST

I am using Dell Studio XPS 435MT almost from last two years. When I turned my computer on today then I found that computer turned on the power light but I was no getting the very start screen i.e. the computer wasn’t getting POST screen. Then I opened my case and seen that fan spin about a centimeter. I doubt whether any of my hardware have gone faulty. I need to detect the actual thing that is causing problem so help me for this.

Re: Studio XPS 435MT turns solid amber power light ON but doesn't pass POST

As you are able to see that the power light of the computer is turning on and I guess it would be blinking, so it specifies or signals us that motherboard is able to receive some electrical power. But there might be an internal power problem. So you should try to check PSU. You can use PSU tester device which lets you know the status of PSU it is working or not. If you find that it is faulty then you can try a new power supply.

As you are not able to BIOS as well as no beep sound from your computer so I guess that the motherboard speaker might not be connected to your computer properly and thus due to this you are not getting sound from that. So you need to check the connection of the motherboard speaker and ensure that it is having the proper connection. If it is due to lose connection then it will solve the problem for you and it would at least make it possible for you to hear some beep sound.

I think you should try for the given advice that I am providing you at this time in order to find the actual cause of the problem. First of all take out the motherboard from the cabinet and after that put it on a piece of cardboard. Then have only 1 stick of RAM, cooler, video card and processor and remove any unnecessary parts from the board which are not currently essential. After that try to turn the computer and see whether you are getting BIOS screen.

It would be better if you start removing all the connections and then making all the connection properly of your computer. The connections are sometimes loose and this might have some due to Vibrations in the case. Also try to insert the memory sticks and video card. Make definite you that you carry out any gathered dust from your computer and then assemble everything again and then start your computer ON. I guess fitting connections back would help you.

If you are not able to solve the same then you may try to find the dead component from your computer which are actually causing the problem. It would be better if you have another computer in the house or of friend’s so that you can use to test individual components. If you are not having the same then probably you have to drag the computer to repairing shop and then tell them to test the motherboard, memory and maybe the hard disk.

You should check the connection of the computer whether all of them are properly fitted. Some of the power connectors like power, speaker, reset, etc should be verified that they are connected well. After doing that again try to boot the computer and check whether now you are getting the POST screen. If that solves the problem then it is fine and if that does not solve the issue then the best way is the RMA your board as it can be the actual cause of this problem. I wish that this will help you.