Thread: Computer Boots but doesn't show display on Inspiron 530

Computer Boots but doesn't show display on Inspiron 530

I using Inspiron 530 desktop computer and when I start the computer then I found that the monitor do not show anything and gives only black screen. I have observed that when I power on the computer then I hear a rapid sound of the fan and then a beep subsequent right away after it. I have connected speakers and turned it on then I just knew that computer starts because I can hear windows starting up and turning off sound of the computer. So can anyone help me out to solve the problem?

Re: Computer Boots but doesn't show display on Inspiron 530

As you are able to hear the beep sound then just track the pattern of beep sound, I have mentioned some of these. The one beep says that the whole thing is proper, if no beep then trouble maybe no power or bad CPU/Motherboard, I think in your case beep maybe constant High-Low beeps which indicates that CPU is overheating or maybe One long beep and Two short beeps or One long beep and Three short beeps which specifies there is some graphic problem. Other beep is likes continual long beeps which says memory problem, two beeps specifies POST/CMOS error, one stretched beep and one small beep indicates motherboard problem. So have a note on that and know the problem.

Your monitor is not showing any display or it is just blank I guess it may be due to monitor cord failure or maybe the monitor cord dropped out a fraction, so you should check that it is plugged in correctly. I probably think that this may help you. Recently I have heard that if suppose you have updated your OS then it may cause issues with blank screens and start ups. If this is in your case then I would tell you to boot into safe mode and do the system restore or remove all the recent updates done if possible.

The first thing you should do is check that monitor is plugged correctly as well as power cables plugged correctly and video card is seated correctly. If you find that all this things is correct then I guess it is hardware problem. If you have installed any new piece of hardware then check it has been installed correctly. If the problem is still there, then remove it, and then try again. If all this does not work then try to disassemble computer and configure the hardware again.

I would recommend you to check your display on other monitor by connecting the VGA cable to some laptop which usually haves VGA port, this would help to detect that whether your monitor is working or not. There you verify that whether it gets turn-on. If you are not able to see power LED then make sure that monitor power on button is clicked. Also check that the VGA cable is properly plugged in on both the sides. Doing this thing would help you and you would be able to recognize the exact problem.

There may be a chance where there could be a graphic card failure of your computer. So if you having the same then disconnect the monitor's video cord and open the case of computer and remove the video card from the slot. After this connect the video cord from the monitor to the integrated VGA video connector, this is the onboard video card. Read the manuals in order to know the procedure for removing and installing the video card and this you can find on the Dell support website.

After trying the above things and still if you are unable to see display on the monitor then there may be a hardware issue which is an associated with your computer. The hardware may motherboard, RAM, CMOS battery. But in order to eliminate these some of the hardware’s you can track the problem by recognizing the exact beep and know the issue accordingly. If you found the one causing the problem then try to replace that hardware and go with new one. I think this all may help you to solve your problem.