Thread: Error # 2130932483 while burning DVD in Dell XPS-420

Error # 2130932483 while burning DVD in Dell XPS-420

I purchased a PC Dell XPS-420 last month. I normally use my PC for internet surfing, gaming, chatting and especially for downloading movies. Yesterday I noticed a strange issue while I was accessing my PC. When I was trying to burn some DVD disks, the burning suddenly stopped and displayed a error message saying “burning stop error 2130932483”. I tried the burning process once again but this time it stopped without any error message. Sometimes my computer suddenly stops to work without any error. Is anyone aware about such issue? If yes then please do the needful.

re: Error # 2130932483 while burning DVD in Dell XPS-420

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. Many people had encountered such issues before but it has been solved. The information that you have posted about your issue is incomplete. I need to know the OS that is installed in your PC. Which application is present in your system to burn DVD? I also need to know the type of data that you are burning and information about your DVD. After you provide this information only then I would be able to provide you the suggestions that can help you to overcome the issue.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. I will surely provide you the information that you need. The OS installed in my PC is Windows vista Home Premium 32 bit. The other configurations are Intel Duo E-8000 processor, 4 GB RAM. For burning DVD the application that I use is Adobe Premiere 4.0, Verbatim DVD-R 16x and Verbatim BD-R 2x, optical drivers are Optirac DVD writer and Philips BD writer. The information that you required is posted by me. Now please provide me the necessary recommendation so that I could get rid of such issues.

The issue that you have posted is quite interesting. I will definitely try my level best to help you out. You are the first person who has discussed such issues with me. According to me this issue is related to power supply module. The issue that you are facing is due to intermittent power for DVD device. I think there isn’t sufficient power in the power supply module. I don’t have much knowledge about such issues. To solve the issue I suggest you to consult a hardware professional, he will surely overcome your issue.

Before proceeding further to solve the issue I would like to know some more information related to the issue. Have you restored the factory drive image of Windows Vista? Has the burn failure occurred with both the Optiarc and BD drives? Try to go to the Ospreys’s toolbox and get DVD identifier. After that, utilize the program to read the media code and manufacture of your blank DV discs. Are you using any antivirus software in your system? Try to provide this information as early as possible.

I restored my system to factory image before, and I also noticed errors with both Optirac and Philips units. I didn’t notice any yellow exclamation in device manager with both devices and both drivers are up to date. I have noticed different error before restoration operating system. I've been using two types of discs 1 - DVR-R, TYG02 of TAIYO YUDEN and 2 - DVD-R, MCC 03RG20 MITSUBISHI, VERBATIM tagged. I have installed Norton security to protect my system from virus. The information that you needed is provided by me now please give me the exact solution for the issue.

Re: Error # 2130932483 while burning DVD in Dell XPS-420

I came to know the exact cause due to which you are facing such issues. It is due to the Norton security that you have installed in your system. Norton is a Malware that is causing some error with disk burning. To overcome your issue I would suggest you to re-install the Windows and don’t install Norton again. Instead of Norton you can install Microsoft Security Essentials. After you perform all the modifications I have specified, you won’t face such issues again. Try it out and it will surely help you.