Thread: Sound is not coming from Dell Dimension b110 Desktop computer

Sound is not coming from Dell Dimension b110 Desktop computer

Hello people, I am using Dell Dimension b110 Desktop computer from last 6 months. It is running Windows XP operating system in it. I have been using it normally, and it seems to have performed very well until 2 days back. From last two days I am unable to get any sound output from my Dell Dimension b110 desktop computer. I am unable to find the cause of this issue. Thus, I am finding it difficult to get a proper solution to solve the problem. Please help me solve my problem as I am not that good with computers. Help will be appreciated.

Re: Sound is not coming from Dell Dimension b110 Desktop computer

You should probably use the Drivers CD which you must have received at the time of purchasing the desktop PC. Almost everyone is given the drivers CD when they purchase the new desktop computer or laptop. So I would recommend you to use that Drivers CD to install the necessary drivers in your system. Insert the CD in your CD/DVD drive and let the drivers CD autoplay and install the drivers. If the installation doesn’t start automatically, manually install the sound driver for your system.

I would recommend you to download the Dell Download Manager from the following Sound Driver from the official website of Support Dell
    Click on Download button. Once you have completed the download run the following to install the necessary sound drivers in your system. Once you have completed the installation, restart your system and check whether the problem is solved after restart or not.

I would suggest you to perform the basic checking because going for the major steps. First of all, you should make sure that your Speakers power supplies are proper and it is kept ON. Also make sure that you have selected your speaker as well as system volume to sufficiently higher rate. Also make sure that you are not a victim of bad connection. Confirm that your speakers are inserted to the correct port, and not any other wrong port. Also make sure that the file you are trying to play/run is a working one.

Thank you, guys for showing your concern toward my issue. It was very kind of you to stop by my post and spend some of your time replying my post. I tried all the solutions which you have suggested me to perform. First I searched for the Drivers CD but was unable to find it. Then I made sure that all the connections are properly working. Finally I downloaded the Dell Download Manager in my system to install the latest sound drivers, but that also proved to be unsuccessful for me. It is giving me the error that no drivers are available. Please help me.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps:
    • Get rid of the installed “Dell Download Manager” from your system by the normal Add/Remove programs method.
    • Once you have uninstalled the Dell Download Manager, restart your system.
    • Now Make sure that you have deleted the cookies from your browser.
    • I assume that you are using Internet Explorer, so Start Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > General tab and select Delete Cookies under the "Temporary Internet Files" option.
    • Finally Click on OK button.
    • Now visit the drivers and downloads page on the second post and allow your browser to download the Dell Download Manager instead of downloading it directly.

I would recommend you to contact the nearest Dell Support Store in your area. Here you can get the necessary sound drivers for your system. If you are unable to find any Dell Support store near your area then you can search for the drivers on any other Computer store. Finally, if you are unable to find the Original Drivers CD for your Dell Dimension then you should probably visit the official website of Dell and download the necessary drivers for your computer system from there.

cool Re: Sound is not coming from Dell Dimension b110 Desktop computer

On the Dell Site, choose the All of B110/1100 and download and install the chipset drivers as well as the sound drivers there. Should work for you.