Thread: Humming sound with Logitech Z-5500 subwoofer

Humming sound with Logitech Z-5500 subwoofer

I am a new user of Z-5500, and have observed a hum from the subwoofer. I experienced a low buzz / hum in the sub at what time the system is taking place it is plainly audible at what time not playing music. It is still there at what time not connected on the way to the console, still in the MUTE mode. I have looked a bit and I'm pretty sure that this sound is prepared through the speaker itself (it is most excellent heard from the face side of the subwoofer). He does not obtain louder or softer alteration within the volume settings and no whistles from satellites. I have tried to shut down, disconnect the console cable and reconnect firmly, however do not seem to help.

Re: Humming sound with Logitech Z-5500 subwoofer

I'm having an alike difficulty when my PC is on; the subwoofer begins to hum, when the PC is off, the buzzing stops. The Z5500 is connected to my pc with coaxial cable. Similar difficulty with the DVD player as soon as optical and input select (where my DVD player is connected to) and turn on my DVD player, is beginning to hum. The buzz is independent of speaker volume or productivity of the submarine. I have absolutely no idea what the problem may be. Is it a bad game? It could also be a problem with my power grid, causing a number of types of interfering? I've had the z-680 before and do not give me this difficulty.

Have you attempt twisting around / pull / push the major data connector departing to the sub? In my Z-5500 states that I have noticed that when the cord meets the plug, if it is bent in one direction, there is a very audible hum of the sub. When I click the cable (as pushing at the door), or bend in one direction, stops the hum. I realized that it was a difficulty through the contact among the control console cable and sub. I tightened the screws a bit more and at the moment the buzz disappears. Only an occasional drop sound sub, but I think I can live with it.

I have the similar difficulty through my subwoofer. I get in touch with Logitech, which has sent me a brand latest kit. Which has precisely the similar difficulty? However, no matter what I try to connect the pod, I could not do the trick work. I noticed something strange in all the evidence I saw, the RCA connectors on the satellites were in my two teams, which are the traditional Hifi connectors (like the Z680). I have a buddy who has the "RCA" adaptation, and has no difficulty through his kit. Do you think that might be related?

The hum you are occurring is most possible AC hum. AC power to your home is at a frequency of about 50 Hz, which is territory subwoofer so you can hear more about these speaker by speaker crosses to redirect the signal to the subwoofer! If you've ever stood near a big step down transformer as some power poles, and substations, you can hear the sound very clearly. Connected speakers without tickets not hum, but once you connect to another device with an alternating current starting to pick up 50 Hz hum from the PC, DVD player, etc. This is due to its player PC / DVD comprises a step-down transformer as its power source and thus a bit of signal noise is being introduced to the speakers.

Hi thanks for your respond. I am pleased about the entire information on this problem. I just finished installing my 5500 speaker system and I have the ringing in the subwoofer. It sounds like it comes from the front. I bought a monster "Clean Power" surge protector that was to clean the noise. Of course not work. Now I will try your link activities. Hope it works. Logitech has not answered my email today. I hope this will help to solve this frustrating issue. Thank you.

The problem of buzz you all are getting is either a loose connection or some interference from nearby cables or other electronic device. It is necessary to clear the way cable runs from your sub Logitech in its sheath and then the sound card. Or is it necessary to replace the cable used to connect to the sound card or other device. One of this is the cause and correct if there is no humming. I hope this will help you to clear your all doubts. Thank you.