Thread: Looking for a new PSU to be able to use with GTX 580 Lightning

Looking for a new PSU to be able to use with GTX 580 Lightning

Hello everyone actually i am really confused at the moment. The thing is that I am going to upgrade my system by changing the Graphics Card and the Power supply. The current card that I am having is a NVIDIA 8800GT and also the psu I am using is the 600w Cooler master PSU. So what I am going to do is Upgrade to A GTX 580 Lightning. But the Minimum Requirement is 700w. So just have a look at my configuration.

Asus P7P55 motherboard
    Core i7 860 2.8GHz
    8GB RAM DDR-3 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD

so I just want to know that will Gigabyte ODIN GT 800w be enough if I upgrade my video card, please do let me know about it as I am waiting for the solutions please reply I am waiting.

Re: Looking for a new PSU to be able to use with GTX 580 Lightning

See if you can go a little higher say 1000Wthen that would be better and also as par as the brand selections are concerned then I will advice you to select the Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, XFX brand they all are branded and also lab tested and they will never ever give any problems with the testing so hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here. Better stick with them as they are tested and there is no match in terms of performance, so hope you have got my necessary suggestion on the topic.

If you ask then I would advice you to have a check at the XFX Core Edition PRO850W. I am quite sure that it would be the perfect solution for you. So that’s what I want to say here hope you have got the necessary suggestion on the topic, I think so this psu would be the perfect buy for you. I have checked the price of this psu and it is been charged anywhere around $119. As the above user said a 1000 W power supply would be ideal for you.

See what I feel is that 800W is a bit odd size to the 580 and so what I am saying here is that better settle with the 750W PSU. So some of the lists that come in the 750W are XFX Core Edition, Corsair TX V2 Series, and Antec EA or TP New series, if you are looking for something better than the one that I have mentioned here then they are XFX Black Edition, Corsair HX or AX Series, Seasonic X series and Antec SG or CP New series. So do look at them all of them are worth considering a buy.

I think 800W would be perfect because I am thinking of adding the one in SLi in the future so that’s why I think getting a power supply would not be bad decision at all. anyways thanks for giving some useful suggestions for me so thanks a lot for that anyways I did get a lot of options from you all it would be better if you all can add up more such suggestions here yes see to it that you give some good suggestions here the one that you all have added here like that.

Ok if you are looking for 800W psu only then I think Corsair GS800 is a better option according to me so do have a look at it if you want more such options in it then I would say that go with the Antec True Power Quattro 800W Psu, that is the second best for me so that’s what I think is the perfect solution for you. so if you are thinking of taking any new psu then make sure that you settle with these two options rest all of them are not so good.

Ok that’s a nice option that you have given here so thanks a lot for it and yes I will definitely look at it and looking at it it does seems to me as one of the good options to go with so thanks for giving this choices to me so happy with the responses that I have got here. Definitely i am much happy now listening to all of you so thanks for giving me some information on that.