Thread: UPS battery drains out very fast after a power outage

UPS battery drains out very fast after a power outage

I have purchased a computer. And also I have purchased UPS of Microteck Company. It was working properly one month. But from two days I have problem with UPS. It was giving the approximately 2o minute power back up during the power outage. But now it is giving hardly 3 or 4 minute during the power outage. When power cut then my computer goes to be off. Then it doesn’t switch on. Please tell me right solution of this problem. I’ll wait your reply.

Re: UPS battery drains out very fast after a power outage

I think your UPS battery will be spoiled. So first of you will the contact the service center if your ups will be in under warranty. This is very good option for you. If you don’t have the warranty then you should check the wire where ii connect. May be it is charging properly. You replace the charging wire of your UPS. Then you will charge the UPS. Then after you will verify the power in the UPS. If your problem still exist. Then you have only one option for replacing the UPS and nothing else.

Well, first of all you will exchange the battery pack in the part that is performing up with one that is not performing up. See if the part that had the issue still does. If not, then it’s bad battery. If it does, the charging circuits in the APC unit are bad. So you can replace the RPC unit. Another option you will bring up the UPS repair shop then you could repair the UPS. After repair your problem exists then you will have to purchase new ups. But I hope that after repairing your UPS will perform.

It is absolutely a better proposal to check the battery with a strong load. Even though the indicator on the UPS goes down, it does not essentially mean the battery is dull, I think it could be that your UPS wants a calibration to resynchronization with the capability of the battery. But you should take the help on the Google about this problem. Maybe you would find some clue. But if your up is to be dead then you can replace the battery of your UPS. May be after replacing the battery it would work properly.

Thanks for the helpful replying. I had guessed that the self test etc. it was sufficient to rule out the batteries, but a 300 watt resistive pressure caused the UPS charge display to go down to one LED in only a small number of minutes so I have a bad battery or more. I have an automotive load tester for batteries so will drag them and confirm them separately. Looks like with your assist and suggestion the issue is closed to being solved.