Thread: : Need help regarding RAID with internal vs external drives

: Need help regarding RAID with internal vs external drives

I have purchased a personal computer last week. It has very good configuration. In this computer core i5 processor is enabled. That’s why its speed is amazing. Overall performance is good but I want to know about the raid disk with internal and external hard drive. But I don’t have any information about the RAID array. How can I use this? But most important things where can I get the right information. And also please suggest me very good site name. Please response me as much as possible for you.

Re: : Need help regarding RAID with internal vs external drives

Ok, as I know about the RAID I am telling you actually RAID arrays are more elevated performance than that. The drives in a RAID array should be straight associated to your RAID card or your computer motherboard. Maybe your external drive joins via an eSATA port on your motherboard? If so, you might be capable to utilize that drive in a RAID array restricted by your computer motherboard. Yet, if you are serious about a RAID array, you should be using good performance, equal internal drives and a committed RAID controller card. That's what I'm doing.

Ok, I want to suggest you first all you will go on the internet then you will search related to RAID drives then you will get the good site name as well as more in detail. But I am telling you about the RAID in brief. RAID seems to the operating system to be a single logical hard drive. RAID utilizes the method of disk striping, which engages partitioning very disk's back up space into parts ranging from a sector (512 bytes) up to a number of megabytes. The stripes of all the disks are interleaved and deal with in order.

I would like to tell you that you find ESATA board and card that supports ESATA. If these are going to be running full time as externals then you will need a board that supports RAID internally and has dynamic cooling (fan) to maintain the drives from overheating. Now the question is if anyone makes board like that. A Google search is almost the best starting point for getting the good point and also in detail. But I want to suggest you that you can see first Wikipedia related RAID because once I had read about this on the Wikipedia. That’s why I am suggesting you.

In fact I want to tell you about the internal RAID drive. Then you can see the difference over external hard disk. Internal raid is easier and less costly than external raid. A large tower can without difficulty catch 8 or extra disks, particularly if you utilize drive encloses from Supermicro or Chen Bo. At the present time I have 18 disks and 2 BRD burners internally with space for 2 more disks. But you will see well if you will on the Google. Better means in details. So you should go on the Google.

As I know about the internal raid. External raid is much easier and less costly. I want to tell that current news about Internal vs. External RAID's found me thinking much about the subject. I am a solid supporter in external RAID's and in fact it does not have any want to load 3 or 4 drives inside my Mac Pro tower. Speed is very good when it belongs to internal RAID. Four drives striped mutually joint are going to be slower than declare a 10 drive Ciprico Fiber Array, or maybe two arrays striped simultaneously. I have told you what I know about the RAID drives.