Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-05-2011

Is there any printer compatible with Linux operating system?

My friend wants to purchase a printer next month. But I don?t have any idea about the printer. My friend is using the HP Company?s printer. It is very good printer. It is working very well last 6 month. There is no problem with this printer till now. But I use the Linux operating. So I want to use the printer according this operating system. Please tell is there any printer for Linux operating system? if yes then suggest me.
Old 28-05-2011

Re: Is there any printer compatible with Linux operating system?

Yes, lots of printer available in the market. It is compatible with Linux operating system. But you will have to install the driver for driver for this operating system. Because every operating system has own drivers. Before using the printer you will download the driver from the internet. Printer does not depend on the operating system. So you can purchase the HP printer. Then you will install in your laptop. And also install the driver of this printer.
Old 28-05-2011

Hewlett Packard is truly high-quality for providing Linux drivers. Now you can search a HP printer that you have observed in your country in your price choice and then ensure the list of supported devices. Open Source and Linux from HP. You can see the Linux based printer on this site. You will click this link the you will see the Linux based printer. Click here for single-function printers:
Old 28-05-2011

Frequently these days the problem is not receiving the printer to job but quite having maintenance tools that can do things like clean the heads. It is not much enjoyable having to get a Windows based PC to do this on! I used to utilize a Graphical user interface (GUI) tool called mink for my Epson printers but that seems not to work in FC5. However there is a command line tool called escputil that seems to work. But if you can search on the net then you will get lots Linux based printer. I am only suggesting you.
Old 28-05-2011
Members

Yes, HP printers appear to have grand Linux support. When I loaded Ubuntu over a year ago I was expecting to be able to print to my HP Officejet all-in-one without any annoy, but I was enjoyably astonished that the scanner and fax also worked without any tweaks at all. So you can purchase the printer from the HP center. But you will ask the Driver CD or all related CD. First of all you will install the driver in your laptop make sure Driver CD should be Linux operating system.
Old 28-05-2011

I want to tell you about my printer I have an HP OfficeJet 6210 which to my wonder works with both the printing and the scanning. I have not attempted to share out the printer under Linux so far, but I have been able to use the print work from a laptop using the Edgy Live CD to a Windows XP machine that is enthusiastic to the printer. I very soon revealed earlier today that the Live CD will also assist the scanning functions of that printer, when straight joined. Here is one thing, I do not trust that you will obtain any all in one that will support scanning or fax from a networked computer. I know without a hesitation that my printer will not support it no matter what Operating system I am utilizing. It prints very well from ubuntu operating system.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , , , ,