Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-05-2011

How to fix up a external memory?

Hello guys I got a external memory from office and it just fell down accidentally from my had and I was very much upset about it so now when I tried connecting my external memory in the system it did not connect at all yes surely there seems to be some problem with the external memory I checked out the external memory as such it was appearing fine but I don?t know what should I do in such situation? Please help me out and give me some quick solutions for the same.
Old 27-05-2011

Re: How to fix up a external memory?

Well I assume you that you are either using a USB hard drive or a USB thumb drive. So lets consider that it's a USB hard drive, you would have to crack open the case and install the hard drive into a computer by normal method after having done that just hook up the SATA data and also the SATA power cables in it. so the system will assume that its not the hard drive but the electronics in the case that are the problem. So if turns out to be hard drive then you are out of luck so a simple solution for you to consider here.
Old 27-05-2011

Just try and plug it In the different system and see if it is getting detected there as such I think you are using this external device for the first time and hence there can be a fault with it as well so it is very much advisable to look at the same so that?s what the solutions that I am trying to say here. Just plug it in the different system and see if it is getting detected if it is then there must be some problem with your system and if it is not then probably its your end to the external hard disk.
Old 27-05-2011

Yes I am quite sure here that the external device that you are talking of might have got damaged and hence it is better to have a talk with the manufactures whether it can be replaced or not if it can be then its your luck you might end up getting a new one or if they do not agree with you then you cannot do anything about it you must curse your luck for it. just try out the first solution and see if you can get anything out of it, what?s the harm in just giving a try.
Old 28-05-2011

Yes guys that?s got corrupted and I am really angry with myself I am wondering as if why I had dropped it down. Last option is to have a talk with the manufacturers will it get replaced or not. So that?s what, I have to wait and see. so lets see whether they will do it for me or not thanks for suggesting em about the solutions that you have given here appreciate your efforts for the same.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , , ,