Thread: How to determine a perfect CPU upgrade that matches Motherboard?

How to determine a perfect CPU upgrade that matches Motherboard?

Hello everyone I am thinking of upgrading my 5 year old system as such I have the information of all the configurations in my system but I am not sure whether which will be perfectly suitable for my motherboard I have some information about pins and sockets but I don’t have a better understanding of it whether which one would match my board? So that’s why I am seeking your help here please do suggest something here.

Re: How to determine a perfect CPU upgrade that matches Motherboard?

First and the foremost you have forgotten to mention about the configuration of your system so better add it now ok without your systems information how can we address what board would be perfectly suitable for your processor so do ad some more information on the motherboard so that we can know what are the suitable motherboards for your system so I hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here so please fill in the blanks.

Yes surely I will mention about the same how silly of me that I forgot to mention about the configurations of my system that was the most important part of the system, so well what I want to say here is that here is the configuration of my cpu
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
    Northbridge Intel P965/G965 rev. C1
    Southbridge Intel 82801HH (ICH8DH) rev. B0
    Graphic Interface PCI-Express
    PCI-E Link Width x16
    Memory Type DDR2
    Memory Size 3072 Mbytes

Well with the board that you have given here let me inform you that with this information the board is used by pre-build manufactures like Gateway or Dell. While upgrading make sure that you are having the updated bios for your laptop and also one more thing that I would like to add here is that if you are upgrading with the present motherboard then I would suggest you to use the Intel Core duo E6700 processor(4MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066). That would be the ideal combination for you.

See if you ask me then it is better to visit the manufacturer’s website and from there only better check if that necessary processor is suitable with the motherboard that you are having that’s the best option that you can try out. See that’s the best option I think in such situation you just have to enter the information about the processor that you want and also of the motherboard then check the compatibility, it will show you the result automatically, that will do the trick for you. So that’s what I am saying here.

Ok your suggestion of using the Intel Core duo E6700 was also quite interesting will have a look at it so thanks for telling me about that I am happy with the response that you all have given here so thanks for it. I will surely look at every suggestion that you have given here and implement it accordingly. So lets see is that works for em or not so happy to hear it from you all, thanks a lot for all the efforts that you have generated here.