Thread: How to change the format of a goflex network storage drive?

How to change the format of a goflex network storage drive?

Guys I hope you all have read the title properly well I want to ask some question here and the question is quite simple here the thing is that I have a goflex network 1t drive and I am thinking of configuring it so to just be specific I am thinking of putting the mac os in it so that’s my idea but I am not sure how to do it so can you all please suggest me some steps by which I would be able to perform this operation please do suggest me something quick ok I am waiting for your response so please do reply fast.

Re: How to change the format of a goflex network storage drive?

Network drive does not needs to be changed all depends upon the client who are using it so no need to worry about changing the network drive even if you are using the mac operating system for your system so there is no need to change it. however if you need more information on it then let me tell you that fat32 is useable with mac system as well as the windows system so hope you all have got the necessary information on the topic.

Yes even I agree with the above user well the thing is that the client doesn't know what file system is used on the server's hard drive well it is just networked by using ntfs, fat 32 and many else so that’s what I am saying here hope you all have got the necessary suggestions on the topic. I mean basically you might have understood what I am trying t say here so that’s what I had to say here. In case you are not clear then do let me know about it I will address you with the necessary solutions.

See if you are using the NAS then let me tell you that you cannot use the mac operating system that you had suggested here only Linux operation will be suitable for it so that’s what the information that I have got for you. So do not think of using the mac operating system in it as it is not sure that the mac operatinf can read and write to ntfs file system so better confirm that first and then only go ahead with the process that I have explained here.

Well it is confirmed that Mac operating systems can read and write to NTFS file systems yes they are a bit slow in it but slowly then are advancing for it and hence there should not be any issue I think using the mac here with the NAS. So I think the user can continue with the process and also if you are thinking of formatting the network drive then locally attach the network drive and then format. So I hope I have covered up0 all your questions so carry on with the suggestions that i have given here.

Hey thanks for all the response that you have given me here and appreciate your efforts for solving out the queries for me so thanks a ton for that. I will surely work on them and I am quite 100% sure that this would be the perfect solution for me. So i will just wait and give it a try for the same so that's what i want to say here and hence thanks for all the suggestions that you have given here.