Thread: Cooler Master hyper 212 gets too hot.

Cooler Master hyper 212 gets too hot.

Hi, I have a PC with a following configuration, Intel i5-2500k at 3.3GHz, corsair 2X4GB RAM, and a ASUS motherboard, but since last week I am having problem regarding the CPU fan, it gets too hotter if I play the games for 3 to 4 hours continuously. I was just looking in the BIOS screens and it says the CPU temperature is at 46C, is it too high or this is the normal, while we play the games, need suggestion, what shall I do, in order to avoid this? Any recommendation?

Re: Cooler Master hyper 212 gets too hot.

Yeah, this is the basic reason for getting the CPU fan hotter, and sometime it produces some unwanted noise also, at that time I would recommend you that don’t play the games that continuously, rather you can play them after some time. In fact you should play that way only, this is not happened every time, but when we play such a highly configured games, it consumes too much amount from the CPU, and results in the making other parts hotter.

Have you putted some material such as thermal compound or something like that? because if you put it more than the required one than also, it causes the same result. Thus I would recommend you that go to some local repairing store, and check out your CPU, they will surely help you. I don’t know that shall we remove it again or not, but may be, hope for the best. thus you should first visit there, and then decide the further possibilities.

Yeah 46c is quite high, I must say. you should really take care of your hardware before it get fully blown, you’ll get the TIM ( thermal interface material) from the market and put it on your processor so it would not get hot, and would not make other device too. And if you’re not aware about this material, and their usage, I would say, you should consult the technician before doing it on your own. Otherwise technician will surely do this, and I don’t think they’ll charge you more for this.

Yeah, this might be possible that it is because I have put some more thermal material on it, but really I was not aware about it, now even I don’t know that, can we remove that? please guys this is really scaring now, or it might be possible that my video card just get too much hotter after playing the games and it also affect the cooler master too, please help me out of, or shall I remove my cooler master and buy a new one?

If you have checked the idle temperature on the BIOS, then I would say, it is not t he good place to check the idle temperature, because it just don’t display the actual temperature rather you should try to Check load temps with Intel Burn Test or Prime 95. This both are the third party software used for checking this only, and they are very much good, I mean to say they give the actual notification if the temperature goes high. You can download this software from the internet.