Thread: Minimum SSD drive size for Good HTPC

Minimum SSD drive size for Good HTPC

I have an Old PC, thus I have decided to reconfigure it with the new hardware, actually I want to build a Good HTPC for me, thus want to know about the initial parts required for establishing such a computer, need to have suggestion about if someone has the knowledge about the guides, and secondly what is SSD drive actually, I want to keep a small SSD drive also in my computer. And I have some doubt regarding the operating system too, I mean to say which operating system will be good for that? Any suggestion?

Re: Minimum SSD drive size for Good HTPC

That’s very cool as you have decided to reuse it rather than having a new PC, it would simply reduce the amount off course, and you’d be able to buy good parts in your decided budget. You can simply go to any hardware peripheral store for detailing and purchasing the parts. And you can also ensure that, what you’ll get in the decided price. In fact the more shop you visit the more idea and specifications you’ll get.

If you search it on internet, you’ll get the list of many cabinets for the HTPC, so among them you can select the one, according to the specification you have decided, I would like to suggest you to have PCIe slot for Casa Tunes Xli card (6x audio out), HDMI 1080p, 7.1 Audio out via Amp, BluRay player interface, and if you just started including things you can add many more parts apart from these. I’d say confident about the budget, I know it sounds funny.

While buying the peripherals for your PC, If you search the name of the part with the initial HTPC you’ll get the special set for your PC, thus if you are willing to spend that much money you can have the whole media center set. See I am mentioning the configuration that you can prefer. Case: Silverstone SG03F, Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 260 CPU AM3 3.2GHz (65W), G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB (2GB x 2) PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL8, always prefer O/S Windows 7 Media Center, Audio Streaming: Casa Tunes XLI (PCIe card).

SSD stands for solid-state drive, which functions same as the normal hard drive but the mechanism is somewhat different, use microchips which retain data in non-volatile memory chips and contain no moving parts like the normal HDD have the read write head. And this is really good if you are planning to have it, but I would suggest you to have small amount of disk, and get the 1TB HDD for the data storage, and I would suggest you to install the windows 7 in your PC, or if you are planning to install the Linux you can have the third party software that make you enable to use the functions for multimedia.

According to me n some ways, building an HTPC has always been difficult, as there different products competing in the market makes us confused about the product but still it is always depends upon the need of the customer, I mean to say you can build the system around 30K and it goes high till 300K, in fact if I would have to recommend you that I would also be confused, what should I insist? But still as far as I know about the music system, I would always recommend you to buy from Sony only.

You can have the configuration like this, I have seen this at my friends place, and it is too good really, thus I am recommend you the same. Intel Core i3-540, motherboard you can have Zotac H55-ITX-C-E, Lite-On iHOS104 Blu-ray reader, Logitech Cordless Desktop EX100, Antec Fusion Remote, RAM you can get from the corsair or from the Gskill, here it is from corsair, Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3-1333 CL9 1.5v, and the a case from cooler master, thus you can have more than two hard disk, 2 graphic cards.