Thread: Thermaltake vs. Ultra: Which is the low price PSU?

Thermaltake vs. Ultra: Which is the low price PSU?

I have a computer at my home and I am using it from several years. I have Windows 7 installed in it and was working quite well. But one day suddenly my computer got switched off. I checked all the devices then I realized that my PSU has blown up. Now I want to buy a new PSU as soon as possible and cannot wait for shipping from Newegg. So I was thinking that are there any PSU’s that lies in my budget from the stock which they have?

Re: Thermaltake vs. Ultra: Which is the low price PSU?

Well as per your budget I think that PSU’s such as Thermaltake, ultra or coolmaster are the only PSU’s that lie within the budget. I have no idea whether these PSU’s are good enough to work longer or not. I just displayed these names as per your budget. Still you can take help from your friend’s who are using anyone of these PSU’s. You can also ask someone experienced about this. So hopefully I think I am able to help you.

Well dear I don’t think so that as per your budget, any of these listed PSU’s i.e. Thermaltake, ultra or coolmaster are good. These are the worst PSU’s as per my knowledge. Although as per your budget the stock is available but I would prefer you to wait for few days and get more trustworthy units. After all you are spending money behind PSU so why don’t you buy a good one. So there is no harm in waiting for.

Hey friends even I agree that Thermaltake PSU is not the good choice and also a good brand but I think since it lies within your budget, you must purchase it. The reason for this is that this model has 80+ certificated and warranty provided is also good. I would thus suggest you to purchase it because you need it urgently. Well you can also try with better PSU’s such as XFX, Corsair, Antec if they are available in stock. These models are quite good and even I am using corsir.

Hey buddy I don’t think so that Thermaltake W0388RU is certified with more than 80+. This PSU is developed by HEC/COMPUCASE Enterprise and they say that Thermaltake has more than 72% efficiency but less than 80%. Thermaltake has got very bad reviews and it is likely to be same as coolmaster. Thus don’t prefer this models. I would suggest you to go for antec or OCZ PSU which are good ones and also be within your budget.

Hey buddy even my PSU died i.e. blown up and unable to work. Well I waited for a while and just got a new OZC ModX 600W just within 3 days. This PSU is the good one as per my friend told me and thus there is no harm in waiting fro a day or more to get a decent PSU. Since you don’t have any idea which PSU you must buy then waiting and asking someone is the only best suited option for you.