Thread: Not able to enter Marvell RAID Utility

Not able to enter Marvell RAID Utility

I am having Asus p6x58d-e motherboard and I have recently installed windows 7 on my computer. I am having two hard drives and I want to make a RAID 0, so I connected these drives to my computer on SATA port as both of them are SATA hard disk. I have Marvell RAID utility and when I try to make a RAID 0 by after BIOS setup then I am not able to get into Marvell RAID utility and thus not able to create the RAID 0, it directly boot to windows. So please tell me how I shall do that in order to make RAID 0.

Re: Not able to enter Marvell RAID Utility

When you turn your computer on then go to BIOS setup and there you need to select storage configuration and then you need to set SATA to RAID and after this you will need to save these settings and then after restart you can enter into that utility by pressing ctrl + m. I am not sure about it but you can try and then you will be able to enter into the utility and then after you need to follow on screen instructions in order to make RAID for your disks.

I would like to advise a few steps for you. So try to pursue and with a bit of luck it works for you.
    1) First try to connect the drive and after having connected to it then turn on and adjust the performance SATA RAID.
    2) Once done reboot the system, as it is made with the use of the Ctrl + m in the post.
    3) Here you have the menu and then select the option to reset the raid disk no.
    4) Again restart the operating system and set the SATA AHCI or ATA as necessary.
    Try these simple steps above, and I'm sure it will work for you.

Yes, I did follow all the steps that have been here, but unfortunately did not work with me. See the first two steps were really working well and while writing for the ctrl + m in place of wine in that time I could not get anything on the screen. So what does that mean? It is my drive to blame for this problem? If yes, then please notify me about it. Since it has been several days that I'm trying to do, but still I cannot get any progress.

Consult a useful RAID 0 has no value in this field. So that's what I mean here is to access the RAID utility, then make sure you have two internal hard drivers and only access. Otherwise, it would be very difficult for you in this situation. A RAID 0 means that neither the unit has a complete copy of any file, so if any of you do not mean losing the data. There would be no backup. So I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Ok, I have the point they were trying to explain it to me. Yes I know about points of failure in this situation, but I still want to access it. I just want access to the raid utility as I connected my disk and want to do it in a RAID. So that's why I was asking everyone. If there are any other suggestions for me, please let me know that I would love to hear some interesting suggestions from you all. So the quick answer I'm looking for suggestions.

In order to setup drives for RAID ensure that you have done the proper instructions of Marvell RAID utility. You should have proper driver of Marvell in order to get it worked. So again verify the driver. You can see all the instructions of Marvell RAID by searching for its pfd file over web. Once you get that file you follow all these instructions and then restart the system and try entering the utility at startup by pressing the control + m key. Please do the same in order to get into the utility.