Thread: How to format usb ssd to ext3

How to format usb ssd to ext3

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you. I hope that you all have been doing well. Basically, my inquiry is that I would like to know how to format solid state drives ,univer serial bus pen drive for instance to ext3?I am unaware about the topic, hence thought to ask out experienced people here. Do reply friends and enlighten me with the information. Thanks a lot for the help, in advance. I really appreciate that you’ll took out time for me and replied. Take Care.

Re: How to format usb ssd to ext3

I would like to tell you that solid state drives have a lower write cycle burnout limit compared to the conventional magnetic drives, despite the fact that the high superiority ones are analogous and might even execute enhanced along with the load leveling algorithms they employ.I would like to tell you that ntfs and ext3 supply information safety by journaling, nevertheless they are costly. More read cycles means less life for your pen drive.

The difficulty with the despicable pen drives is that, they do not have technology; a few can begin burning out in as small as 100,000 write cycles. Making use of a journalized file system such as ext3, reiser, ntfs has a unconstructive consequence in two regards over a Universal Serial Bus connection for the reason that they write the journal to disk every so many seconds which delays your connection with overhead and just about promises premature malfunction.

Hey mate, I would like to imply you that fat and ext2 are not journalized and therefore do not demonstrate much issues, You acquire complete utilization of your bandwidth and the pen drive should take pleasure in a standard Mean Time Between Failures. Formatting to ntfs is by no means suggested for ssd devices, i.e. universal serial bus pen drives. These devices have restricted write cycles capability although unrestricted read cycles potential.

Guys, thank you so much for such wonderful replies. I am indeed obliged. Also, to be very honest with all of you, I did not expect such fast answers. I once again thank you all. You all were so appropriate and methodical in explaining me the scheme of the things. I am glad that I left a post here and did not have any second thoughts on that. You all really made my day people. Take Care.