Thread: Which PSU is better for XFX HD6870 GPU

Which PSU is better for XFX HD6870 GPU

Hi, I am planning to buy a new Power Supply Unit for my computer, and I am just confused about buying this hardware, because I am not very much aware, but since last two years i am just addicted to play the game. My older computer just get crashed that’s why I am planning to have a new, in fact to repair that previous hardware make no sense, isn't it? So which PSU shall i buy that supports my GPU very well, is 500 watts PSU is good enough? need suggestion, thanks.

Re: Which PSU is better for XFX HD6870 GPU

Yeah you’re right brother, nowadays games are becoming too highly configured, and for that we need a very good configuration also. And it’s also good that you’re planning to buy a new PSU for that, in fact I would suggest you the same rather than repairing the old one, because even after you repair it, it might not support the games which you want to play. So I would suggest you to go through the buying guide, where you can find the hardware according to you budget.

If you just check the internet for such a hardware you’ll get the different combination according to the specified configuration, but I would like to suggest you to buy the corsair’s CMPSU – 750TX, as it would be great enough for the gaming. First of all it is SLI certified product, and compatible with the i7 processor. You should buy this one only, and the best thing is like you can get it near 110 US dollars.

You’ll find so many PSU if you check on the internet, but as you haven’t specified the budget how can we determine what kind of PSU you want actually, but it seems, that you want PSU for gaming then I would like to suggest the PSU from corsair only, because they have separate category for gaming only, you can refer their site also. Where you can get the exact idea about the hardware with their actual image and the specification.

See, I am listing you some of the name of PSU, you can get the further information from any leading hardware store or easily from the internet. 1. Sunbeam PSU-ECO750- US BL, 2- ANTEC EA 770. This both PSU are of 750 watts, but I think whatever you have mentioned in your query, I think 500 watts would also be fine, then you can have CM Extreme power plus, it is of 500 watts. The above both you’ll get around under 100 US dollars.

See you can have the PSU from different brands, like Enermax, Zalman, Chieftec, CoolerMaster. Among this I would recommend you to have cooler master as it is specially designed for the gaming purpose, and it also supports the application that supports all the high graphic applications including the Flash and photoshop etc. so you can have that also, but for this you have to spend at least 150 to 200 US dollars. I hope this would be fine to you.