Thread: carriage jam error message in HP Officejet 7310 printer

carriage jam error message in HP Officejet 7310 printer

I am using DELL laptop and first I was using normal black and white printer with my laptop. After that I get HP Officejet 7310 printer from one of my friend. After that I connect it with my laptop and after that I was using it without getting any issues. But after that I change the cartridge in my laptop, from that time whenever I try to print anything at that I get the error message that Clear carriage jam and press OK to continue. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: carriage jam error message in HP Officejet 7310 printer

I think you should try to solve the problem by doing following steps. When you get this message at that time disconnect your printer from your laptop. After that check your printer properly according the error message and then connect your printer with the laptop again with your laptop. Now turn on the printer and after that try to print anything. I think after doing that you will not face this problem again with your printer. Try this trick and let me know.

I have gone through your issue and after that I tried to search the solution on internet. I think you should first check in your printer that there is no paper jammed in your printer. First open your printers head and then check it. A small piece of paper also can create the problem so I suggest you check properly. If you get any paper then remove it. I think after doing that you will not get any error while printing the document. Try this solution and then let me know.

If you are still facing the same problem after checking the printer also then I think you should try to check your printer with other laptop or other computer. Try to print document by connecting your printer with other laptop or other computer. If you are able to print with other laptop or computer then I think there is something wrong with your laptop and if you getting the same message then I think there is something wrong with your printer. Try this idea and you will come to know about exact problem.

I have read your issue regarding your error message and I think you should try to solve the problem by doing these steps. First look for the updated drivers on internet for your printer. If you get any updated driver then download it, if there is no update available then re install the driver which normally comes with printer driver CD. After installing the driver restart your laptop, after that try to print anything from your printer. Now you will be able to print the document.

I have read the solution which is mentioned in above post and after that I tried that solution one by one. I checked my printer and there is no paper jam in my printer. After that I also tried to solve the problem by reinstalling the driver but that idea didn’t worked for me. My printer is giving same error with other machine also. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. Because of this problem my work also gets affected. Please reply me as soon as possible.

As you have said that there is no paper jan in your printer and your printer is ok, that is why I would like to tell you that there is something wrong with your printer hardware only and according to me you should repair your printer as soon as possible. If your printer is under warranty then go to service center and then ask for the solution in service center only. In service center you will get better service. I hope this solution will be useful for you. If you want to know anything more than please let me know.