Thread: Computer fans runs 100% faster when I run bigger applications

Computer fans runs 100% faster when I run bigger applications

my pc is 2 years old , it have started giving problems now , can ‘ t say problems , it is works perfectly fine when I browse web , or when I am using word or editing it , or when I am watching movies . but the moment I switch to bigger application the fans start running faster followed by a blue screen and a restart . after the restarts it again starts working perfectly fine unless an until ,I switch to bigger applications ,My pc configuration is Pentium dual core 3.00 ghz and a 256 mb inbuilt graphic card and a 2 gb DDR 2 ram

Re: Computer fans runs 100% faster when I run bigger applications

what do u mean by bigger applications games, ?? I am assuming it to any thing which needs high graphics to run or uses more memory .There are many issues related to this one may be that you system could not handle the high graphics that the latest games need for running , because as you said that you had an inbuilt 256 graphic card , try upgrading your graphics card and ram by 1 gb. Also try to using some tools that monitor the temperature of your pc . because I guess , the movement your pc turn to an application that need s high power or graphics it starts rebooting . this could also be a temperature problem ( over heating )

I guess it a overheating problem, I guess your computer restarts because your it gets heated up. There are three main regions where you should check the temperature namely the processor, graphic card, and the hard-disk, there are many free tools that allow you to manage and set the temperatures for your pc . The most common symptoms that occur that are caused due to computer overheating is re-booting while trying to run application requiring higher ram.

When did you last changed your thermal paste ?? , I am asking this because the thermal paste that is applied between the processor and the fan might have been used up over the year ‘s of use . hence it may not be able to cool down the high temperatures that you system creates when you are running bigger applications . To replace the thermal paste remove the fans just above the processor by unplugging the 4 pins and then apply the thermal paste

I suggest use to check the minimum configuration required to run your so – called “ BIGGER APPLICATION” . I guess your system ain ‘t supporting the application being played and hence when you forcefully try to run it it restarts , because if there way any other problem then it would affect everything that you do on your pc , but it s affecting you only when you switch the bigger applications so , I guess you need to check it and then upgrade your system of you want to continue using your application

There may be a virus , on your game , or the bigger application you are running ,try scanning it with a upgraded/ updated version of anti-virus . Also try installing applications like Install an app like AIDA or any other app similar to that which comes with your motherboard to monitor the temperature ‘s of cpu and the rpm of the fan . And also check the power pin which connects to motherboard . I guess , an faulty pin may also cause the problem . it check whether it properly or not , touch it when the computer is rebooting again, if it too hot then that the fault .