Thread: Commutation error while scanning from HP OfficeJet Pro 8500a

Commutation error while scanning from HP OfficeJet Pro 8500a

I have a shop for Xerox. I purchased all-in-one printer. This printer is a HP company. It is very good printer. I am able to use the print functionality. But I am unable to use the scanner in this printer. When I scan an image with printer then it doesn’t communicate properly. I had uninstalled the printer then now again installed. However it doesn’t communicate with my system. I don’t know that why is it not communicating. Please help me regarding this problem. Tell me how can I fix this problem?

Re: Commutation error while scanning from HP OfficeJet Pro 8500a

I would like to suggest you for Hp scan diagnostic utility. First of you will check the connectivity then you mark it. And then after you will see the device manager then also mark it. Then you will check the windows scan then it will give a message “scanner is not responding”. It will recommend for restarting both devices that I have done with similar result. Then you will restart the system. Then update the Hp driver. May be your scanner will work.

Last month I had the same issue. Then I searched the solution on the net where I got solution. First of all I uninstalled the printer on my system then after I reinstalled the printer on my computer by using the latest version of the download update from HP site. Then I installed the driver of the printer. I am running Windows 7 on my system . Then after it worked very well. You can also do the same thing in your laptop. If you problem doesn’t solve then you should contact hp service center.

Hi, I am facing same problem. I read your problem then I saw your and my problems are same. I have done many processes for this. But it didn’t communicate with my laptop. I don’t know what happening with my printer. I have only scanner problem. I have posted this problem on many forums. But till now I didn’t get the right solution. I am hopping from this forum. The after I will go to the service center. Because my printer is under warranty. I’ll tell you the solution very soon.

Today I had gone at the hp service center. Then there they formatted my system. Then install the fresh copy of the windows. Then after they install all the related software in my system. Then will give me printer software. Because he told me that my printer software had corrupt that’s why it is not working properly. By which it is not communicating properly with printer. And they suggested me whenever this type of problem arised then you will check the driver s of the system. When driver corrupt then it will arise this type of problem. I think you should do like this.