Thread: Why HP solution center displays HP Officejet j4580 disconnected

Why HP solution center displays HP Officejet j4580 disconnected

I recently purchased a printer of HP Company as I need better printer for my office which would provide me an economical printing. I am having windows 7 operating system installed on all of my office computers. I connected the printer to the computer and have also installed HP solution center. So the problem is that when I open the solution center then it displays that my printer is disconnected, but as far as I know it is connected, so why is it displaying such message. Please provide information on the same.

Re: Why HP solution center displays HP Officejet j4580 disconnected

I have gone through your problem and there might be the several reasons for which the solution center is displaying that printer is disconnected. Just check it that you have attached the cables properly on both the sides. I mean the USB cable of printer should be properly connected to printer as well as to the computer. If they are properly attached then restart your printer device and then verify for the problem whether it still persists.

There might be a case that your drivers are corrupted so disconnect your printer and perform the following. So go to device manager and search for your printer driver and right click it and select uninstall. As soon as you do this restart your computer. Then windows would boot up and the appropriate drivers would get automatically loaded so wait till the windows install it and then connect your printer again and then start printing.

The printing software provided from HP i.e. HP solution center would not be compatible with your printer. So you should look for the latest software of that by going to the HP website and then search for the newer version of solution center and then download them. Before installing the latest software make sure that you uninstall the current software from control panel. After this install the new downloaded software and see whether HP solution center displays the same thing again.

I need you to check whether you have done the following things when you downloaded the driver. When you go to HP website you would go to software and drivers, then it would ask you for product number, then you have to select operating system, then you have to check that your operating system is compatible with the driver, there would be different drivers for 32 bit as well as for 64bit, so select the appropriate one which you are having on your computer and then install the same.

I was having the same problem with my printer device and I would guide you with the things I did at that time and that helped me to solve the problem. You have to eject the USB cable from your computer and then just check whether the HP solution service is running or not. You can find it on task manager and if it is running stop that service from there. Now go to run and type services.msc and find the HP solution center service by navigating down and start the service again. I guess this would enable solution center to find the connected printer.

If you have done all the things which were mentioned that is updating the software’s, drivers, then the very last option you would have is to contact the HP service center and take help from there. They are having much better knowledge of their products and would be able to answer for the same quickly. I have observed that HP customer support is quite helpful they do provide solution of the queries over phone as well send an engineer for you if they find that problem couldn’t be solved over phone and needs a expert lookup for the problem