Thread: Unable to use old Hp laserjet 3100 printer in my new PC

Unable to use old Hp laserjet 3100 printer in my new PC

I purchased a new PC last month. I replaced my previous PC with the new one with some extra amount. I also upgraded my new PC with Windows 7. I encountered a problem while I tried to get the drivers for the old printer HP Laser jet3100. When I went to the HP site to search for the drivers it displayed a message “no driver available for Windows 7”. I tried a lot but the same message was displayed. I don’t want to buy another printer because the one which I have works fine. Can vista drivers work on windows 7? Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please do the needful.

re: Unable to use old Hp laserjet 3100 printer in my new PC

The issue seems to be complicated. A person having technical knowledge can easily overcome it. To solve such issues first go to the device manager and see if you have drivers present over there. Windows 7 has a good library of drivers. If no drivers are present it would display a message “install drivers under the printer “. There is less possibility of Vista drivers working in it. I also have 3 year HP Photo Smart AIO (C5180) printer but the drivers were available for that. I installed those drivers and it is working fine now.

I am grateful to you for giving suggestions to overcome my issue. As you said to check for drivers in device manager, I did that but drivers were not available over there. After that I again tried to download the drivers but still I failed to download it. I tried it three to four times but the same issue occurred. I don’t know the exact reason for this issue. Are you aware about any other solutions to overcome it? If yes, than please inform me about it.

I think this issue is quite simple to be solved. As your computer is likely to have Windows 7 with 64 bit OS because the new PC’s generally have this operating system. Vista drivers will definitely work fine in windows 7 because Vista and Windows 7 are quite similar. I think you are trying to download the drivers for 32 bit. 32 bit drivers won’t work on 64 bit OS. Try to download drivers with 64 bit it will definitely work out. Try this out and inform me about the consequences.

I visited the HP website and I tried to download the drivers for 64 bit but it seems like there is no driver ever made for 64 bit. The only thing they have is drivers for 32 bit. There were options available for Windows XP (64 bit), Windows Vista (64 bit) and Windows 7 but when I tried to download it from the link it displayed the message” not supported”. Is there any other way to download the drivers? If yes then please inform me about it.

The issue is complicated and it is not possible for a new user to solve it out. To overcome this issue the best solution that I can advice is to purchase a new printer. After purchasing the new printer you can easily find the drivers for it. You won’t face the same issue again. But while purchasing go for a printer that has been newly released. You can easily get the drivers for the new printer rather than the previous one. This is the only option left to overcome your issue.