Thread: Which to choose from SSD or regular HDD for HP Elitebook 8560 upgrade

Which to choose from SSD or regular HDD for HP Elitebook 8560 upgrade

Hello gadgeteers. Nice to see you all discussing about Hp Elitebook upgrades. I have recently bought a brand new HP Elitebook.8560.with Intel core i5, with 4gb of RAM genuine windows 7 professional pre-installed in it. 500 Gb of sata HDD in it. AMD Radeon gpu fitted in it. It is really glad to tell you that since I have bought I m really loving to work on it. And such like I can’t work without it. But one more thing I want to ask you all that instead of keeping the data stored on this book can I use SSD by purchasing it. So that my data will be with me. And my carriage will be reduced. What do you suggest? What is better?

Re: Which to choose from SSD or regular HDD for HP Elitebook 8560 upgrade

Thank you for giving us such a nice degree of gadgeteers. You seem to be a money burner for technology. You want more and more compactness for your data I guess. But one thing I should tell you that the more compactness the more responsibility and concentration towards those things is required. So as much you reduce the weights and sizes of the gadgets the more you have to take care of those. Because data thief’s have spreaded over their webs all around. So whenever you are going for smaller devices the more you lose your concentrations and also limit your usage.

Poor guy, though you are having 500 GB of storage on your lappy still you are struggling to get more compact and high capacity and alternative for a storage. I think that if you are having laptop with you then you don’t need any other thing more compact than that. I am confused why you really need some extra compact things. When you can even use a multimedia device as a storage media at a higher extent then why to struggle for more and more data storage. Don’t go for SSD till you don’t fill up your existing HDD present in the laptop.

If you are comparing SSD and the HDD regular then I think SSD is the best option to be chosen for the storage. Because when you are using only external storage you need a system for accessing the data. From this view laptop is the best option where you can use your HDD. But when it comes to carrying only necessary data with you at that time only SSD is the best option to choose. So you can keep one SSD for an extra storage. Go ahead for that.

SSD is the best option to store data. Because accessing and carrying data in SSD is really faster and quick as well. Because in SSD spin up time is very much lesser. In fact it is completely zero. So the data becomes accessible for read and write very quicker. The same drive if you use for booting and gaming then ssd can make faster data control as well. It consumes very less space as well as less energy. One more advantage for SSD is that SSD’s don’t get affected by magnets, whereas HDD’s data can get corrupted by magnets. Only the thing is that it has lesser life span due to limits of spinning.

So here I would like to conclude that if you are having money to buy the things you can go ahead. But in case of the comparison HDD which is built in the devices. Are more durable as well as have higher usage life. They have support of many other applications to be used. But at the same time if you want only a storage device then SSD is not a bad option to buy. Its purchase will not be waste of money. In fact t will act as a supplementary storage solution.