Thread: Hp C5288 Photosmart scanner gives black and white images

Hp C5288 Photosmart scanner gives black and white images

I am using DELL laptop and in which I am using the windows 7. I have also purchased the Hp C5288 Photosmart. I am facing one issue with my Hp C5288 Photosmart. Whenever I scan any images in my Hp C5288 Photosmart scanner at that time it displays the black images only. I don’t know what went wrong but this problem is really irritating. If any one has any idea to solve this issue then please let me know. Because of this my all other work also get affected.

Re: Hp C5288 Photosmart scanner gives black and white images

I have read your problem and searched the solution for it also. According to me there is some thing wrong with your setting in HP Photosmart Essential. First check whether all the settings have done properly in your HP Photosmart Essential or not? After that try to scan the document again. I think after doing that you will get the proper output from the scanner. I hope this idea will be helpful to you.try this solution and let me know what the result is?

If you are not able to solve this problem after trying the above solution then I think you should fist check your Hp C5288 Photosmart with other laptop or computer. if your Hp C5288 Photosmart Is giving proper output of the scanned document with other laptop or computer then I think there is something wrong with your laptop only, but if it is giving the same problem then I think your Hp C5288 Photosmart have some problem. I hope my suggestion will be helpful to you.

As you have said that you are getting the black images after scanning the documents then I think your scanner hardware has failed. Because the copy and scan are working on the same mechanism, if you want to confirm that then scan one blank white page and check the output of that. If you are getting same result then it is confirmed that your scanner hardware has failed. I suggest you to first check this and let me know so I can give you solution according to that.

I have read all the post which are mentioned above. After watching that I have tried to solve this issue. I have checked my Hp C5288 Photosmart with other laptop and I am facing the same problem with that also. After that I have also tried to scan the white page and I get the output in black image only. That is why I am thinking that my scanner hardware has failed as it is mentioned in above post. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this. I am waiting for your reply.

If you your scanner hardware has failed and if you have confirmed that by scanning the white page, then I think you have give your Hp C5288 Photosmart to HP service center. After giving your Hp C5288 Photosmart in service center you will get proper solution for your problem. If there is any requirement of replacing any part then you have to pay for that. But once your Hp C5288 Photosmart gets repaired after that you will not face this problem again.

As you have said that I have to do servicing of my printer, after watching your post I just took my printer to the HP service center and there I have discussed about this issue. After that they checked my printer and after that they have fixed the problem also. As my printer was in the warranty that is why I got whole service at free of cost. Now my printer is working absolutely fine. Thank you so much for your all the useful suggestion and information.