Thread: HP Photosmart C310a print head failure notice

HP Photosmart C310a print head failure notice

Recently I have bought a brand new HP C310a Photosmart Printer. I was using it every day without any problem and the printer worked great for me and prints great. But now, I get a error message box saying “Print head failure”. It seems like that the Printhead appears to be damaged or missing. As printing by the printer cannot be carried out if the cartridge or printhead does not work proper. I continuously get this error message box. Any suggestions on how can I solve this problem?

Re: HP Photosmart C310a print head failure notice

Hi there, just saw the query and I feel that I can give a solution for this. If the Print head failure notice still keeps on displaying, clean the Printhead. To clean use the following things, clean cotton swabs, paper towel or tissue paper would do. Now remove the print cartridge and place it on the paper with the printhead facing up. Then, take the cotton swab. Now, by using the cotton swab, clean printhead or use the tissue paper to gently clean the print dead. When the printhead is clean, reinsert the cartridge into the printer and give it a try.

Hey, I have got a nice solution for you of your HP C310a Print head failure. You should try the simple solution that most of the people use first, when you get these kinds of errors with your printer, Sometimes the Cartridge in the Printer is not placed properly or by some reasons the cartridges printhead get dusted. My suggestion is that you remove your Cartridge(s) and clean the printheads with a clean cloth and then reinsert them back in the printer. I Hope that this method wipes out your Cartridge(s) printhead failure notice.

I have a solution for your problem, see if it helps you. Now let’s begin. Check each print cartridge. There is a protective tape on the cartridge, the tape might have been removed from the copper-colored contacts, but still might cover the printhead. Look if the tape still covers the printhead; then carefully remove the tape from printhead. Keep in mind that you don’t touch the printhead or the copper-colored contacts. This could solve your problem. Give it a try.

If you have tried all the methods and are still getting the error message and got no success regarding your printer Cartridge printhead. Then there is an option that you can try that can surely solve your problem. Run the HP Solution Center application on your computer, there you can check the ink level or the status of your print Cartridge. You can get info about which cartridge has the problem. Replace the Cartridge which has problem with a new one.