Thread: Unable to establish connection between windows 7 and HP C7280.

Unable to establish connection between windows 7 and HP C7280.

Guddos to all. I am having a small network at my place. It is between a laptop of COMPAQ Presario c700. It is having windows xp installed on it. And am having Hp C7280 series all in one printer. It is connected with this laptop via Wi-Fi interface. I am also having a desktop which is having windows 7 installed on it. Whenever I attempt to connect my printer to that desktop through Wi-Fi interface the printer doesn’t gets displayed in the printers and faxes list. And the printer shows offline. Suggest a solution.

Re: Unable to establish connection between windows 7 and HP C7280.

Hmmm, happy to hear your setup. You might be having any wireless router such as Linksys, d-link, Cisco etc. which may be handling your Wi-Fi environment. The setup maybe related with the encryption either in WEP, or WPA type. The ISP maybe DSL or cables etc. check out for the same. No need to write down or to specify over here. If you are aware about the network troubleshooting related with the WI-Fi then you just have to assign IP address to the printer. And in the same range assign the IPs to both the laptop as well as the to the desktop.

I think the problem is related with the compatibility of HP drivers with Windows 7 and the Windows Xp. There can be an insecure settings in WEP. Because the WEP settings gets low down in just 10minutes, not more than that. You cannot expect seamless connectivity from WEP connectivity. As it is not even secure and not dependable. I advise you to change the settings from WEP to WPA or WPA2 options. Because it can give you reliable connectivity. So check those settings on internet. And get itdone….

No need to surf anywhere when you are here on this blog. I provide you the perfect solution for the problem you have. Definitely you are having WEP settings. Firstly swap the settings. Of your router. But for that you should also set the IP address to the Printer. This will give you chance to probe that printer in the network. And can easily make changes in that printer directly through the router. Follow these steps: -
    Note the existing IP address of the printer by entering onto the configuration page of the printer. –
    Type the same IP address into a browser to know the printer's fundamental settings.
    - select the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
    - On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. For your Linksys, use 192.168.1.200
    - Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet /it can be different in different classes of IP address. - Leave the gateway and DNS blank. Hit ‘Apply. Shut down the router and printer, restart the router, wait, then start the printer. After this you may need to 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

Yes this solution has really great extent. It is a working solution I must say. I have faced so many problems but this problem was really a headache to me. And after solving this problem I am really feeling so much relieved. I also changed my ip address ofrouter and accordingly I setteled down the ip address of the devices. And this was really effective. I am really enjoying my printing and wireless sharing a lot. Thank you all. A lot!!!!!!!!