Thread: HP officejet 6500 Wi-Fi printer installation help

HP officejet 6500 Wi-Fi printer installation help

Hello to everyone. Basically I am a graphic designing professional. I have job to make the new and innovative designs related with some the best automobile designs across the world. I have bought a wireless printer of HP 6500 series. This printer was my choice just because I can make faxes of my designs on the number of my clients directly to save the time to go or to mail those documents to them. But after last uninstall of the printer due to some malfunctioning I made unsuccessful attempts of the re-installation of the software related with the printer. But I am not able to start its functioning. The fax service is the major need of mine in this printer but as this is not working I am not able to make my jobs complete. Kindly suggest any particular solution for that.

Re: HP officejet 6500 Wi-Fi printer installation help

Volla, your problem is really critical for your profession dude. It says that the thing which you bought for a special reason has become problem for you. As you said that you were uninstalling and then while re-installation you are facing the problem that means the uninstall was not properly completed. You must try doing uninstall of the software using the CD/DVD of HP printer. This will make your uninstall successful. And then you can complete the re-installation properly. And it may help your printer to start again working for you.

Webo!!! I used this word especially because the problem is occurring just because the CD/DVD the query maker is using might have some issues. Either it is faulty or it is not under regulations. It means that the usage of the cd/ DVD for installation is exceeded. Now the user must download the setup file from HP’s official website. This downloaded file to be handled carefully as the printer is being used for wireless interface. The user make changes in the settings accordingly while preparing for the setup. Because the settings for wireless are totally different from the wired interface.

Sir there can be some other options to be done other than those which are already discussed above. Just follow few steps….
    First make the L3 uninstall.
    • By straying in the setup cd.
    • Right click on CD/DVD drive and click on the “Browse" or "Explore" option.
    • Open the folder named "util"
    • Open the folder named "ccc"
    • Select the file named "Uninstall_L3.bat" and check for the prompts.
    • When the uninstall is complete, it will ask you for reboot of the system.
    That’s all from my side. Other things any of the member of this thread post will tell you. Wait for the solution.

Without making you wait sir we would like to share some more steps to be done while making your installation a success.
    Preceding the reboot, , download the full version software and drivers accordingly with operating system you are having and save the file to your desktop. The software and drivers can be downloaded by using various search engines like Bing, Google, yahoo, rediff etc. You can also get the solution on the internet.
    • Once you get done with downloading, click on -Open or -Run. You will be prompted to extract the file, please extract this file to your desktop. You will then see a folder on the desktop called "OJ6500vE709_Full_14" or something like the same name. Get into this folder. You should see a file located down over there named as "Setup.exe" with a black HP icon beside it. Select this file and the install should launch.
    • Select the type of install you want to do, either USB or Network/Wireless whichever you want to make.
    • Follow the prompts until you get to a screen that says "Review Installation Options." On this screen you need to click "HP software* to be installed, click here to customize." On the window that pops up, UNCHECK all boxes except for the one that is required, which should be named "HP Officejet 6500 E709 Series (Required)"

• Select option - OK, and then check the box that calling up as “I have reviewed and accept the installation agreements and settings." Now go to the "Next" button. And select it.
    • The installation should go through at very normal, but please note that you are only installing the print/scan drivers, this part comes next.
    • Then come again to the folder on your desktop where the setup file is located, and select "Setup.exe" again.
    • Then select install more software.
    • As we want to install "Imaging Device Functions" first. After installation completes with this component, wait a few minutes. You have to look out the Fax Setup Wizard and Register Your Product screens. Once these come up, just cancel out of them.
    • Next, go back to "Install More Software" and install Solution Center. Once the install for Solution Center finishes, install OCR. That’s all. Go ahead and enjoy your faxing, printing.