Thread: Corsair 2.0 firmware updater unable to see the Corsair F120 SSD

Corsair 2.0 firmware updater unable to see the Corsair F120 SSD

Hello everyone I hope you all have read the title properly and hence what I would like to say here is that while updating my system the corsair updater did not see the ssd for the update at all and hence I was really upset with that why is it that ssd is not getting the updates from the corsair, so I need to know what do you all think about my question I need some good answers from you all so please do suggest me something as I am very much interested in knowing your response.

Re: Corsair 2.0 firmware updater unable to see the Corsair F120 SSD

Ok I can understand your problem the solution for that is try logging in as a administrator and then try updating your firmware, I think that will help, so go ahead carry on with the suggestion that I have given, again if it is giving you such problem then try switching to the different SATA port that should definitely help so work on the two suggestions that I have given and I am sure it will help you, so get back to me if the two suggestions work for you or not.

Just try running the Crystal Disk Information on the drive and check out which firmware is installed so that you can get to know which version of the firmware that you are having? There might be a possibility that your ssd might be having the latest version of the firmware so that you need to look at such factors and accordingly decide it so I hope you have got the necessary suggestion on the topic in my case I would have run the Crystal Disk Information and check if the drive is stable or not and if it was stable then I would leave it that way only.

See if nothing is going your way then it is better to RMA the drive that you are using I think that is a much better option for you do have a look at it, In case if you are not clear with the procedure of the RMA then do have a look at the internet for the solutions you will get the necessary information there itself. So do try it if you are not getting any suggestions correctly , it can be a risky operation so better be careful of that.

Why don’t you have a talk about the matter with the corsair people itself I think they are the better people in such situations to answer out your queries so that’s why I think that would be a better option for you. So do have a talk with them to know what is the latest firmware update for your SSD and hence make the necessary changes in it. See as one user said it would be great if your drive shows stable in the Crystal disk information then it is better to leave it alone.

Ok thanks for all the suggestions that you have given here it was really great piece of information that I received from you all so thanks a lot for that and I appreciate your efforts for the same I will do the necessary changes in it and will let you know if that worked for me or not. So that’s what I want to say here. Anyways thanks for the suggestions that you have given here. So lets see what happens next.