Thread: Mac OS X 10.6.6 and Corsair III 256 SSD combination?

Mac OS X 10.6.6 and Corsair III 256 SSD combination?

Hello everyone I am here to share some small news with you all. Well the thing is that I had brought a corsair P256, the reason I had brought this ssd is because one of my friend had advised me to work with the ssd because he said that it will be very efficient in working and hence I thought of going ahead and getting this ssd for myself so that’s why I went ahead and got it, now I just want to know how well it will work with my Mac OS X 10.6.6, so that I can get to know its exact performance? So do you all have anything to say about the combination then please do let me know about it. I need to know how this combination will work with my mac operating system.

Re: Mac OS X 10.6.6 and Corsair III 256 SSD combination?

Well as such I don’t think it would be a bad idea going with the SSD for your mac and hence I must say that you must definitely go ahead with the combination, so that’s why I am recommending to go ahead with that and keep in mind to check out for the latest drivers and also keep your system updated, so you are having all these necessities then there is nothing to worry about it so I hope you all have got the necessary information in case you have any other doubt then please do let me know about it.

I completely disagree with the above the reason behind is that the apple does not have the latest updates for the ssd and hence I am saying that it is better to restrict yourself from the ssd I have many of my friends who are complaining that their system has slowed down after they have switched to the ssd they are not getting the speed that they were looking for and hence this problem, so that’s why I am advising you to better stay away from ssd especially for the mac machines and nothing else. So hope you have got the necessary suggestion.

Yes that’s absolutely true I completely agree with the above user and even I think so. See even I had tried switching to the ssd for my mac system and you will not believe me I took almost 8 hours to restore the backup and afterward it didn't work apple people really do not give any information on the specification and also the drivers that are required for the system and hence It took me a lot of time to get settled with the ssd, so that’s my horrifying experience that I would like to share it with you all I know this is not encouraging especially if you are thinking to get started with the ssd but my duty was just to inform you.

So if that was the problem then you must have contacted the apple support team for the necessary information may be they would all have helped you with the necessary information since they are having the appropriate information on the necessary drivers needed for the system and hence it is very important for all you to make a note of it, in case if you are having any doubts about the necessary drivers for the hardware then it is necessary to have a talk with the apple people about the same.

Hey thanks everyone for all the necessary response that you have given and I am very grateful that you did reply to my query well even I think it is better to confirm it with the necessary apple people about the matter and I think they will answer my query out so thanks for suggesting about that . I will confirm it from them as soon as possible so thats what i want to say here appreciate your efforts for solving out the issue for me.