Thread: Corsair Vengeance and Noctua NH-D14 heat clearances

Corsair Vengeance and Noctua NH-D14 heat clearances

I'm building a base of sand bridge, using 2600K Processor, Asus Deluxe and CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 P8P67 Corsair. I am thinking of using the Noctua NH-D14, but the information technology supports are informing me about Noctua clearance issues between the NH-D14 and heat spreaders in the CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9. Is it optional to remove the heat spreaders of vengeance or modules Corsair has another memory kit with a lower profile to allow separation between the memory modules and the NH-D14?

Re: Corsair Vengeance and Noctua NH-D14 heat clearances

It is possible to move the fans from one place to another. Well you can move fans but also use only center fan which is situated which can be probably enough to use in any Bridge sandy under 1.4v/5Ghz. If you are talking about hitting the fans then you have to try something different. In this way you can gain a little bit of clearance. I have not tried this but you can do it. Reply if works, it may be helpful for me the next time.

It is strange to me that the only culprit here is assigned to be aimed at Corsair. We report that a large number of customers wanted. This means high heat spreaders. However, none of the cooler manufacturer fails to make a huge CPU cooler 9 pounds or the MOBO manufacturer to put the memory slots as close to the CPU. I hope everyone is getting what I mean to say. I am not wrong.

Unfortunately I did not do the necessary research and I'm sitting here just to find my new D14 will not fit over my 16 gigs of revenge. My last picture was an Asus motherboard with memory M3N72D and D14 as no problem and I had to move fans around and allowed air to pass, so I went to the cooler to build. It is the fans that do not allow the installation of the fins in real. I'm thinking if you cut the bottom 3 or 4 rows of fins on the side of the ram that will fit and I doubt that will cause cooling effect. Just thinking of options at this point, but you can try this.

It is not necessary to take away the heat spreaders from the modules. This won’t help you. If having problem with Force series SSD, then you can try to update it with 2.0 firmware. You can visit the official website and download the updates. Also if you’re still having troubles like your force drive recognition problem which is a common problem while updating to the firmware update then I think it’s the compatibility issue. You can delete all the drives and create once again and then try.

Well I don’t have much knowledge about this. I have never tried anything regarding this. If I were you then I would have just used simple and standard modules working at DDR1333 at 1.5 Volts if you don’t have any other choice. Running standard modules is quite easy but effective task and may work. Well you can also take help from the support center. I think the will surely help you.

I can confirm that the Noctua NH-D14 with thermal Silver Arrow A70 and Corsair are mismatched with the vengeance of memory in a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3. The heat spreaders on the memory are too high in the way of the amateur / fins on the CPU coolers. I had a Corsair H70 Earlier this week, but with too much of loud, so I gave it back. Corsair has given me many headaches this week and my new parts are sitting here in limbo until I can get a high end CPU Cooler that fits with this report. I'll have to go with another set of RAM which is unfortunate.