Thread: Need help to overcome Blown overclock after memory upgrade

Need help to overcome Blown overclock after memory upgrade

I am currently pursuing animation course so I use many animation/CAD software’s on my system. My system was running quite well. But after running few of my projects, my computer started using all my 12 GB of memory. SO I thought of installing a new 24 GB DHX. But still my system got some problems. My conservatively cool with 2.8 and 12 GB of doms at 1600 were quite well then I realized that the problem was with 24 GB upgrade. I checked all the settings like removing the overclock and memory testing went good so I thought it’s not the 24 GB memory problem. So is my 24 GB setup is creating the problem. Do you think that the normal settings are applied same to the 24 GB memory or should I look at my BIOS settings to get back my overclock?

Re: Need help to overcome Blown overclock after memory upgrade

Did you try fluctuating the voltages? Increase or decrease the voltages i.e. mch+qpi might help. The 4g sticks available are genuinely denser modules and so the memory controller in your CPU might be trying to look out what is happening. After trying to fluctuate the voltages just check it out that the problem is solved or not. If not than you can post all your voltages and may some experienced person might help you regarding this.

Well my suggestion to you is to try out running 3 sticks and watch the other 12g doing. You can also try with single instead with using more of them. This task is basically quite longer and difficult as there is lots of experimentation involved in this. Well this is a fun challenge but it better work out for you. As I need to try this but I hope it may work out for you since you need this for your projects instead for some games.

Hey buddy, you can try out to disable those entire spectrum features, C1e, EIST etc and you can also force to the load line calibration to enable and then finally just add few things to the Vcore which can be around 1.20. It’s a long process which will take hours fro you to perform. You can also see the temperature which can be more. Well these things work out for me and I hope it may also work for

Try disabling spectrum features. Also try those entire hard settings test on Intelburn. This process will make your processor much hotter than it was before. This will finally change your entire CPU settings to the default such as CPU ratio to 19, BClock to 200, Vcore to 1.22 and so on. But be careful while performing these settings because it may damage your system. Then finally your system will run as it was before and you can start working on your project. All the best.

See to overcome overclocking is not an easy task. It’s quite difficult and may create problems to your computer. If you want to get back all your normal settings and overclocking, then you have to go through BIOS setup. Press F2 key after restarting the system. A BIOS port will be opened. In that you select FSB. Then increase FSB to the higher level. This will get you overclock back. Try this buddy.