Thread: Need help processor is overheating to very high temperature

Need help processor is overheating to very high temperature

I just noticed that my cpu is heating to an extent on my system. I do not the reason behind the same. I had installed an cpu monitoring tool which shows that the cpu temperature goes above 80 sometime and even higher. Sometime the system just crashes and reboots. I do not found the reason for the same. I had opened up my system and check that there is smoke coming out. This looks really very danger and that can kill my system entirely. I need help to fix the same

Re: Need help processor is overheating to very high temperature

This looks that the cpu is not getting proper ventilation. You have to check properly that your power supply can provide enough power to the cpu fans to drive out heat. Due to the electronic nature of the system buses the more chilled they gives out better performance. So if you have work which needs more processing then it is for common that heat will be produced in that. Go for an liquid cooling support if the same is a major issue. Go and add a new power supply with higher voltage support.

There can be major flaws in your system if you do not cool them properly. If the CPU is not kept sufficiently cooled, the first problems that could occur would be locks, crashes, system unstable and strange errors. For that you must first disconnect the processor and change the current cpu fan. If still the cpu heats then there is hardware issue with the processor. Also due to such heating up electronic components have a limited life.

The smoke in your system is due to the heatsink that is overheated and burned out. Just turn of the system and then remove the cpu fan. See that over the cpu there will be a dusty particles. Those are the cpu heatsink which are burned out due to heating. Wipe the surface of cpu and lower surface of cpu fan. Apply thermal paste to increase heat dissipation capacity. Use conductive thermal grease between the microprocessor. It helps the heatsink to transfer heat.

Use a good and bigger fan in that case. It must be screwed to the radiator properly at the top in the four corners. The higher the fan body the more cooler it will remain. It also depends on the shape of cpu fan blades which can derive the heat out of it. I will advice you to for some cpu fan support options from cooler masters. A new one will be much better and effective for your work. If this also does not help out much then you can go for an costlier option called as liquid cooling.

Open up your system and then wipe out all the dust from it. Check that there is dust or any kind of particles remaining inside the system which does not wipe the heat up. Your temperature is not so hot but growing of the same is risky. It is can be a issue of cpu fan. Open the system case and then run the system and see that the cpu fan is working properly or not. Change it at once if you notice any issue. Add some extra fans to the cabinet to remove more heat.