Thread: Long Term computer Instability

Long Term computer Instability

Currently my system is operational with Intel Q6600 Quadcore CPU, 1G graphics card, 4GB DDR3 memory, 1000W PSU along with some other additional components. While it was created I can say it was 100% stable but now it seems to me that it is just 90% stable. The instability scenarios are as follows:
    • Failed boot without any error messages. There is no problem with second boot.
    • System locks during use. Without any reason it just locks by itself.
    • Sometimes the Windows locks at the first time I boot up the windows or systems. The loading screen appears but it then goes to lock screen.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to solve it? I don’t want format my computer and re-install windows.

Re: Long Term computer Instability

Have you attempted examining CPU/GPU temps? (By the use of the likes of MSI Afterburner as well as CoreTemp). Excessively lofty temperatures can guide toward a numeral of problems (Prime95 stresses the microprocessor outstandingly, the GPU not in any way). An additional move toward to experiment this is to depart the region of your case off and dot a desktop fan by the side of your computer's internal - if this creates dissimilarity, after that cooling (otherwise need of it) is the expected cause.

Examining Windows' Event Log might offer additional information lying on the cause and utilizing MSConfig to selectively put out of action startups to cut off the trouble would appear the top route of achievement. Prime 95, like mentioned, is actually concentrated and it does necessitate an extended time with the intention of obtain precise consequences. The similar is the case through memtest86. You can operate them if you believe somewhat is terribly mistaken, except several citizens carry out the check just to testing. On the other hand, if you're not experience whichever crashes otherwise stable BSODs, in that case you must be very well.

The CPU is essential to system constancy and particularly significant in the extended expression seeing as it can construct software errors and drive damage data toward the HDD. Moreover like RAM, processor makers, counting Intel as well as AMD, pressure test their CPUs to ensure they accumulate to specifications. Nothing like RAM, though, Processors are much further changeable in design: each single CPU has exclusive properties, and still 2 CPUs of the similar model can need different settings to run correctly. Stress testing your microprocessor is completely needed whether or not you overclock its velocity otherwise regulate its voltages.

Prime95 will discover errors on unbalanced hardware within minutes. If the test does come across errors inside the testing instance, it’s up to you whether you would like to really repair your dilemma. Clearly, if you frequently incident serious issues, you’ll wish for to regulate CPU BIOS settings to repair the trouble, though you aren’t overclocking. The motherboard’s automatic settings will typically be enough, except if you do obtain errors, you must physically input voltage settings intended for your microprocessor in anticipation of errors vanish.

If your computer passed most of the tests which are essential, then it must run rock hard stable. If you did discover errors, expectantly you can repair the errors all the way through alteration of BIOS settings exclusive of needing to pay for fresh hardware. To memo, simply alter voltage settings if you make out what you are doing. To repair errors associated to inadequate voltage values, be certain to investigate your hardware carefully. Too small voltages will consequence in unsteadiness. Excessively much voltage will cause additional harm than that you’re annoying to fix.

For the first scenario I think that it should be due to the fault of the CPU or PSU. If not then you should check the RAM slots as well as RAM chips along with the connection inside as well as outside the CPU case. The locking thing may be due to the virus attack or something regarding the corruption of windows files. You might need to run the Windows repair utility for that. If you are using any GPU then check its temps and also check the system by removing the graphics card. It will help you to find the issue. You might also need to check your system be replacing some components for temporarily.