Thread: Fan is making noise on Dell Studio 1555

Fan is making noise on Dell Studio 1555

I am using Dell studio 1555. Normally I use my laptop fir web browsing. I never do any experiment with my laptop as I don’t know much about it. I only use my laptop for my work from last 5 or 6 days I am facing some problem. My laptop fan start making noise after one to one and half hours. I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop but whenever fan start making noise it really irritates and I found very difficult to work with that kind of noise. Is it possible to change the laptop FAN? Please suggest me some solution for this.

Re: Fan is making noise on Dell Studio 1555

I have referred your issue regarding the fan and as you have said that you are looking to change the fan. According to me we can change the fan of laptop but most of the laptops are very delicate and its hardware fitting also very difficult to understand. If your laptop is in under warranty and if you open the laptop then I will suggest you to not to open the laptop. Because it is very risky it can be affect your motherboard also. I hope you understand the importance of the warranty.

If you want to remove the FAN then you can follow these steps.
    • First you have to remove the optical drive from your laptop.
    • After that detach the USB cable, fan cable and also AC adapter connector cable
    • Now take away the six screws which normally secure the computer base.
    • After doing that take the system board from computer base.
    • Now you will see your FAN just remove the screws and take the FAN out.

I hope these steps will help you to solve your problem.

I have gone through your problem and I suggest you to there is no need to remove the fan on your own. I think this sound is coming only because of the dust build on the fan blades. So I suggest you to just try to remove that dust by using vacuum cleaner. After removing the dust you will not get that sound from your fan. I hope this trick will solve your problem. Is you are facing the same problem with your laptop then I think you should give this laptop in DELL service center.

The steps you have given on the post for changing the FAN of the laptop was really helpful for me and I have also tried those steps to solve my problem but I was not sure about doing and that and It was very risky for me that is why I decided to give my laptop in DELL service center. After that I went to the service centre and after that I am not facing any issues with my laptop. Now my laptop fan is working absolutely fine. Thank you for all your help and all your support.