Thread: WD Portable 2TB Hard Drive not getting connected properly

WD Portable 2TB Hard Drive not getting connected properly

So here is my problem I have a 2 TB WD portable hard drive What happened was the USB port in the case of the hard drive was broken (it fell into the case.) Therefore, I removed, but my knowledge of how to remove is not so good. I have a computer that is connected to a hard drive (SATA or IDE) to your computer via USB When I connect to my computer this way, you install the driver for my computer, but the drive does not pull up. I go to Disk Management and see the hard drive attached, but the record says that space is "unallocated." Before using the WD connection was NTFS. Is there a way for me the hard drive (not telling format) to be recognized by my windows? Please note that I am using Windows 7 64 bit professional. So what’s your take on this problem please give me some suggestions?

Re: WD Portable 2TB Hard Drive not getting connected properly

Well there are lots of software that is available in the internet for the recovery, so that’s what I am trying to say here and that’s what I think the perfect solution for you, do have a look at them and I am sure it will be of good use for you. You can try recovering all your data with the software’s in case if that does not work for you then tell me I can suggest something else for the problem, so that’s what I am trying to say here.

I have seen to that position, and have downloaded the software, my main question is when I pull the hard drive out of the box it does not recognize the data. I do not think that just go wrong, I'm thinking there must be something more than that it was working fine the day before, outside of the box is having problems. Any thoughts on that? Is the controller card has something to do with my data access as a kind of security measure? Perhaps the hard drive was bad, but I'm trying to cover all my bases before formatting it and tell him to start the recovery process.

First try to recover any of the programs listed. Only after all data had wanted to start partitioning and then go ahead with the formatting. I think that option would be perfect for you so that’s what I am trying to say here do not rush to get the solution you will get it first try to do everything in a sequence then only you will get the result, so hope I am pretty clear now with the suggestions so go ahead and work on it and get back to me if there is any problem.

Ok I will try that and I will look at the suggestions thanks for giving the solutions for me so appreciate your efforts for the same and I am happy with the response that I have got here. As I am a bit busy now I will definitely try it in a given time or so. So lets see if it is working or not for me so thanks for all the suggestions that you have given here for me and appreciate your efforts for the same.