Thread: Seagate acquires Samsung's Hard Drive Operations for $1.37

Seagate acquires Samsung's Hard Drive Operations for $1.37

Yes guys the news is true Seagate has actually acquired the Samsung Electronics' hard disk drive (HDD) operations for $1.37 billion. Samsung will be providing the HDD as well as the NAND flash memory for Seagate's solid-state drives in return Seagate will supply drives for Samsung's PCs. So in return the companies will be building a much better strong bond with each other to give some tough competition to its competitors, so hope this news was informative for you.

Re: Seagate acquires Samsung's Hard Drive Operations for $1.37

Well what this will do is that it will further narrow down the market giving less opportunities to the consumers will be having very less options to choose, so that’s my opinion here I hope you all agree to what I am saying here and that’s my opinion as well. Seagate according to me is the best manufacturer of hard disks and all the storage stuffs, I don’t think Samsung had established itself much in that market. so if we take the Samsungs point of view I think it’s a good decision taken by them.

Not so surprising for me as the industry has been looking to consolidate for a while now. With Toshiba buying out Fujitsu's drive division and also the WD announcing a buyout for HGST, so the only suitors left for Seagate would naturally be Samsung. I think Samsung has taken this decision having a look at the Hitachi divesting themselves of HGST. So that’s what the reason I think this is all business and sometimes companies have to take this decision to settle in the market.

With what you all have said I am just thinking that how long would Toshiba be there in the market this is because they are currently having 10-14% of the market share and with such a low score even they I think will be planning to merge themselves with some other giants, well I just thought of this as an idea and I thought of sharing it with you all, so hope you will like it and I am expecting some replies on these topic.

Hey thanks a lot for all the opinions that you have shared it here and I am really happy with the response that I have got here it shows that majority of them have some good knowledge on the topic so nice to see that, anyways one more thing that i needed to share it with you all is that in case if anyone has more information on such stuffs then please do inform me about the same i will be happy to hear it from you all.