Thread: e machine desktop T-3504 is not recognizing the storage properly

e machine desktop T-3504 is not recognizing the storage properly

I have a desktop machine and that’s about 6yrs old. I have a Seagate 100 GB ATA 100 internal hard drive. so assuming it is a EIDE or leg. CPU specs: Intel Celeron D 352, fsb 3.20ghz/533mhz, NVIDIA 8400 GS 512 MB video card, 2 GB of RAM, DVD-ROM / R and CD + w, 10/100 Ethernet l2cache 512kb. I had installed a 320gb wd, worked for a while, but kept going in and out. I put ubuntu on it and the recognized 320gb, but could not play any of our PC games. I've been looking for a Seagate 500 GB to start, but cannot find one. When I tried to install the WD it said no hard drive found. So I thought maybe it was a compatibility issue between manufactures. So what do you all think about the issue please suggest me something.

Re: e machine desktop T-3504 is not recognizing the storage properly

Did you learn about the unity of the bridges and the differences of 40 and 80 conductor cables? It seems more popular to overcome that learning and end up at the counters of repair. Be sure to tell all about these two issues and my suggestion is to use the new 80 conductor cable next time. So please do have a check about the same and I am sure it will benefit you in the process, so any other doubts you have then make sure you ask it here.

Thanks for your quick response now as suggested by you I definitely tried all the WD jumper setting according to the manual and now my hard drive present in the middle of the cable connector is gray. My cable has a red stripe on one side of it. so what should I do next I am really waiting for your solution and I am sure you will help me out with this one as well so do reply fast I am waiting for your suggestions and please do respond it quickly.

Then you know that the CS and if you are not ready to agree with CS then just SLAVE setting is acceptable in the average driver 80 conductor IDE. So that’s what I am saying here and I am sure you have got the suggestions that I was talking about and well this is what the suggestion that I can give you right now so work on it accordingly and in case if that does not work then make sure that you have a talk with the manufacturers about this issue and I am sure they will help you.

Yes I will try that and inform you if that worked for me or not. Anyways thanks for the interest that you have taken in my subject and nice to see some good responses coming my side however it will take sometime to read them and enact accordingly for the same. so it will take sometime so that i can act on it one more thing that i would like to say is that in case if it does not work then please do give me some other suggestions as well.