Thread: Strange behavior with PC - hardware or virus

Strange behavior with PC - hardware or virus

I am having an old PC which I didn’t use for several years. Then I thought of using my computer. But it was unable to boot. Then I thought of installing a fresh copy of windows xp, but it starts for few minutes after shutting down. When I leave my computer idle with internet connection, suddenly my computer runs anti malware or anti virus program but founds no infection. What do you think is this a virus or some hardware problem causing this?

Re: Strange behavior with PC - hardware or virus

See there can be a problem due to BIOS. When you format your PC all the settings gets changed. Check it out is there any option provided for starting internet is connected. Go into the BIOS settings and check Wake on LAN. I think you kept this option at on mode. Turn this option off and I hope this may help to stop your computer by getting on automatically. You can try.

Did you install any service packs? Did you know which version is it? People might forget that which service pack they have installed after formatting the computer. This is a common problem which you can easily resolve just by having a software update. This update basically repairs the service pack you have installed or it’s better if you uninstall it by yourself. See this might help you.

OK, here's what I did to try to reduce this problem down. I disabled the stopzilla services which I had enabled. I had read an article saying that the power button can sometimes do this. So I pulled the pin on the front of the motherboard to reset and stop it. I shut down the system for a while and checked again. The system was still off. So I plugged again all the wires and started the computer again, and I shut it down. So I guess it was a reset or lose power on / off plug into the motherboard. When I checked again, well the system was in place. Looks like some component was creating this problem.

I don’ think so that there is some virus problem. You tried scanning your whole computer. Did it showed anything. If nothing then you can try something else. I think it could be a service that runs at shutdown but is not yet ready to close when the rest of the computer is -also look at the processes running – and close it whatever you feel safe, and then try a shutdown - this so you can find the culprit. I think this may help you.