Thread: Windows setup on HDD can affect RAID

Windows setup on HDD can affect RAID

Guys I am having a huge setup at my place. I Have 2 computers but they are having huge data storage in them. So I have chosen an alternative of RAID device to keep the storage clean and always green. Whenever it requires storage it automatically manages space for storage. So I have installed on server OS on a system which is connected with the RAID device. And currently I am having XP on the system with a SATA HDD. But here in this HDD there is a problem occurred and I must reinstall XP on it. But if I make the reinstall will I be able to see my data on the server in the future? Or I have to lose the data stored on the RAID device. Just tell me. I am confused.

Re: Windows setup on HDD can affect RAID

Great job dude. You are running a huge setup at your place itself. I must give compliments to you for that. But how can you get confused in this case. There will be need of 2 SATA HDD on the system. And RAID 0 should be connected to one of it. This will enable you to access both the drives. RAID and HDD as well. But the condition is that you can provide only one HDD the full storage authority. Another will act as a backup device like RAID only. SATA connections to be done with the RAID ports for that. Do it. Go ahead.

Dude as per your convenience do this but carefully. I am giving you in the steps.
    you need 2 formatted Sata Hard Drives of equal size, set to Master And Slave
    This can be tricky for you , since 32bit XP disks do not come with Sata Raid Drivers, and must be manually installed during initial OS install. Okay? This will help you. If doesn’t then post here your query again. I will provide you the appropriate solution as I did now. All the best!!!

Sir the one solution given above is incomplete let me complete this solution: -
    Before Starting

- Refer motherboard manual, you may have more than 1 raid controller, I have it, configure it,
    -Refer motherboard manual to find which Raid controller you have, and then check your bios and set accordingly.
    -Hard Drive settings(master/slave/cable select), may differ as per motherboard manufacturer, so please check to be sure.
    -remove IDE or usb connected drives please., If system is functional, uninstall from the device manager, then shut down and disconnect power/ribbon cable). This way all info is being written to your Sata Raid Array, and you will know immediately if you've screwed up on install. This is an optional step, some may say unnecessary, but I don't mind taking a little extra time.
    that’s it.