Thread: PC gets freeze and want to know about CPU-MOBO compatibility

PC gets freeze and want to know about CPU-MOBO compatibility

I have a desktop with configuration i.e. CPU-AMD le1640 2.7 ghz, motherboard is ASUS M2N68-AM SE2, GPU is 8600GT DDR3 512 MB, RAM is of Kingston 2GB DDR2 and operating system is Windows 7 ultimate. I kept my system closed and packed for about 6-7 months. Today I opened my computer, connected all the wires and started booting. After booting it asked me for the username and password and suddenly everything got hanged. I tried tried to press ctrl+alt+del, num lock, used mouse but nothing was working so I had to forcefully hardboot the computer.
    Then I bought a new CPU that was of AMD PhenomII X4 840. After attaching this new CPU I tried to boot my PC but the problem was still occurring. It was the same problem as it was with the older CPU. Sometimes it used to work fine. Also I noticed that my CPU was getting heated compared to the older one. Please help.

Re: PC gets freeze and want to know about CPU-MOBO compatibility

I think it can be the problem of hardware or software or both. I am not sure about this. Since you have ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 motherboard, this motherboard is quite good. I don’t think so that there can be any problem with it. You can try to reinstall the operating system. Also check all the hardware reinstalls the RAM, motherboard etc. You can try for a whole system cleanup. Even if this does not work try to boot your computer several times. If this still does not works then I think it might be hardware problem?

Since you have not used your computer for 5-6 month there might be a possibility that your hardware parts might be creating problems due to the dust particles present inside it. First, remove all the connectors and wipe them all and then insert them again. Also clear the area where RAM contacts. Thus when the system is able to stay for a while then you can post a snap shot of HWMonitor.

Since your new CPU is getting heated up, it is quite a strange thing. Just check it out whether the CPU fan is running when you start your computer. I would prefer you to clean your entire PC correctly. Also use heatsink, apply TIM and clean RAM fleet. Also check the connections. Lose connections may supply improper voltage or voltage are not sufficient after booting.

Is your CPU is compatible with your motherboard? Just make sure of that. If yes, than you can try your BIOS. Paste the thermal/compound among the cpu and the cooler. If your computer is still creating the problem then you can try installing a fresh copy of windows again. Continuously use your computer for few days and the problem will be solved. Also provide the screen shot of HWMonitor.