Thread: Perplexing power-up caused crash in PSU

Perplexing power-up caused crash in PSU

Hey guys, I am suffering through to strange condition, and I am not able to understand what I should do in such condition. Actually when I press power button my computer fails to get start, and when I unplug the power cable from computer or from UPS, it is starting properly. When I am turning off my UPS and then turn it back on, the computer again starts properly. So can anyone tell me what the exact issue is? Guys please help me because I don’t like that anything happen to my computer. Thanks a lot in advance

Re: Perplexing power-up caused crash in PSU

Hello, I have read your question; I think there is a minor hardware error, nothing to worry. Jus do one thing, unplug the power cable, after that hold the power switch in for about 10 to 15 sec, which discharge the electricity from the motherboard. After that plug it back again, if still it is continuing, then as per my knowledge there is some problem in PSU or you can say PSU is faulty. You will need to change the PSU if it is faulty. So just try to rectify the error. All the Best!

Hey dude, I have gone through to your reply, but when I am trying to unplug power cable and plug it back again, it is always starting the computer. This thing happen without discharging electricity from motherboard, I don’t know why this is happening. I think I will have to take a look at capacitors, when I was doing that first I thought that there is problem in power supply but PSU is working fine. I think UPS is giving the problem. Anyways thanks for your concern and thanks for the reply.

When you do such thing like power is shut down after turning off PC, electricity remains and motherboard still contain some power, when you hold power button, it discharges the electricity. Most of the PSU have one kind of breaker inside and it gets turn off. When you do unplug and re-plug, PSU reset the breaker, now a day some PSU have fuse within it. I think in your case your PSU is getting bad. So change it, it will be better option.