Thread: Cannot access backup eGO 1T drive?

Cannot access backup eGO 1T drive?

I have installed Windows XP on the laptop of mine. I have backup the content of the laptop of mine to eGo. I am looking to have that info from the eGo to the laptop of mine. But I am unable to get the same. I am suspecting that there is something wrong. So let me know if you are aware of anything which I can use to solve the matter of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Cannot access backup eGO 1T drive?

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I think you have installed Windows XP on the FAT32 partition. However the files which you have stored on the eGo drive is in the NTFS partition. So I let you know that you will not be able to access the files on the NTFS if the operating system is using FAT32 partition. Well the solution is very simple you need to convert the file using converter which is provided into operating system.

You can use the following instruction to convert the FAT32 partition to NTFS partition.
    • You should click on the Start button and then go for Run and enter CMD and press enter.
    • You should copy and paste the below mentioned command on the command prompt and press enter.

Code:
    CONVERT driveletter: /FS:NTFS.
    • After running the same Convert.exe would make an attempt to convert the partition to NTFS partition.

I want to discuss some really information which would be useful at the time of the conversion of the FAT partition to NTFS partition. The conversion of the FAT partition to NTFS partition is one way only. You will not be able to convert the back the partition to FAT. If you wanted to get the FAT partition then you need to format the partition as a FAT partition. Also you should have some free space while using Convert.exe in order to convert the partition on the computer of yours.

I am unable to figure out why are you using backup software on the system of yours to backup the vital information. Rather than using backup software I am suggesting that you should simply store the data on the other drive like portable hard disk or something like DVD. I don’t recommend the usage of the backup software. So I am hoping that you will not use the backup software on the computer of yours.

I have used the instruction which you have mentioned over here in order to convert the partition. I have successfully converted the partition on the computer and after doing the same I got the access to backup file which I was created by using eGo. So I wanted to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to help me out from this particular problem. Thanks a lot again for replying with the proper solution.